ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E3 2013

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
That. Is. Really stupid mate. Games on steam can be as cheap as 2 quid.

But Xbox Games wont be. If they are the same price as the physical copy (they will be) its pointless IMO. Id always buy the physical copy, even if there was a tenner in price difference.

LOL at mentioning Utilities.... And legalities such as insurance. Those are necessities, not optionsto

Perhaps its my fault, Im talking about when there is an option to buy a digital or physical copy.

Ive never bought an App, and I still buy CDs, burn them to iTunes and put them on my phone.

The only thing Ive bought on iTunes is one song, cause I couldnt find the album.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I can see what he's saying about the price, it ahold be cheaper for digital downloads as they cost less, there's no product to manufacture, package, handle, ship etc.

Plus they will make more money from them.

When dealing with physical media there is a distributor and retailer who all want a cut of the money, but when selling direct with digital downloads those middle men are cut out and so it's a lot more margin available.

Thus, the games should be cheaper.

In a similar way that watching a hd movie on sky on demand is £3.50 whereas the bluray is something like £15-20.

oh and don't forget it's probably cheaper to buy the game in a physical format from a supermarket as digital downloads are going to be rrp as far as we know at the moment.

Evo 5 RS
I really want AC4. When up close, Killzone doesn't look all that impressive. Compare it with something like Metro Last Light and it's not all that

Nissan 350z

I thought the "superior" 8GB DDR5 they said would allow it to be more powerful than Xbox Ones 8GB DDR3 and used it as a selling point for everything being 60FPS. Yet what's this everything turns out to be 30FPS instead? Meanwhile:
"Forza Motorsport 5 and Killer Instinct are running at a blistering native 1080p at 60 frames per second on day one"

Funny how this comes out after the media hype of E3 has died down.

Evo 5 RS
The faster memory doesn't really equate to better frame rates, it'll effect more what can be rendered on screen at any one time seamlessly, better looking shaders and so on.

The two games you've mentioned there are racing, and beat m' up. Two genres that will always run at 60FPS on any platform if possible.

Ryse which is an Xbox One exclusive runs at 30fps. It's the choice of the developer, and probably due to being able to produce much better visuals. You'll find a lot of games on both platforms will be capped at 30FPS.

EDIT: Realised Drive Club is actually currently running at 30FPS. It's early days so will see, the gameplay looks fairly rotten anyway if I'm honest

Last edited:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'll say again... :p :quiet: ...there won't be much difference (at least early on) between the two systems despite the seemingly massive-super-powered-better PS4 architecture (by the way, I do like the direction the new PS4 has taken from a hardware perspective). The real-world difference isn't as massive as reports and misinterpreted information may suggest. Plus it's still early(ish) days. Microsoft have a bit of an advantage, too; they arguably have more mature / better dev environments in existence that suit this PC-like architecture whilst Sony may have to invest some time and money in getting their dev environments of choice optimised and established. All IMHO of course. And my own views. Which may or may not be wrong. </end_disclaimer>

EDIT: Scone's makes a good point; quite a few games will actually be locked at 30fps according to some developers. This will allow for an increased visual fidelity. What I find more concerning at this stage is the laggy input. Sure, I can live with early demo's running at lower framerates but I'd hope that input and physics were running at a decent whack.

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS
Still no real confirmation/evidence of the yield issues they were having and down clocking. Hopefully it'll turn out to be smoke and mirrors.