ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E3 2013

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Thought this was funny:

1371063080591v3zif.png

Honda. Tesla Someday
You kinda confused me there. So I could go round my mates with no game and sign in to my account and play my games. Ie online or just multiplayer with him?

What is the internet check checking for? Surely after you install the game you don't actually need the disc anymore? Of course like Microsoft I assume it'll be a once install but then how do you sell the game on? If it's not then why not install it on 2 machines and pay once. Go halfers on the game!

Mental scenario.

Your games are available on the Cloud when you sign in, no matter where you are.

If you go to your mates house, you can sign in to his xbox and play your games.

​You can take the disc with you for faster installation too I guess. Simple

Your final point is the reason for DRM. See without DRM it woul dbe possible for users to install a game from one disc on to multiple Xbox Ones. The online check just makes sure that you (who purchased the game) has installed it and nobody else has. It stops people from buying a game once and then letting everyone install it and play it.

However, a 'family member' can sign in to your shared games library from any Xbox One and play your games, even if you are playing the same game. Allowing you to play the same game on 2 Xbox Ones.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
All this hassle just so people don't need to get off there fat lazy ass to change the disk that sat in the console just seems stupid to me.

Honda. Tesla Someday
you know its only got a 500gb hard drive right?

do you know how many games that will be with next gen graphics on bluray disks?

you won't be able to install all your games onto the hard drive and just leave them there as you'll run out of space fast.

i also don't understand how they are going to do this going to a mates house, logging in with your profile and being able to play your games, i know the game, once it gets installed will tie it to your account and a copy of the game is in the cloud, but still, how is it going to get 30-50gb of game over a 1 or 2 mb connection to play at the console end? will you have to download it onto your mates console, and then when you leave he'll have to delete it if he hasn't purchased it himself as it will be no use. i believe that sony allow you to start playing the game before its downloaded if you buy a game from the store. xbox one games are all going to be available to download, but its a fairly big download for a game, like i said, going to be 20-50gb!

this is something they haven't explained yet that i have seen

About downloading 20-50GB's - fair point. But you can install the game from the game disc, log in to your account on mates Xbox One and play.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Not sure what the f*ck I just witnessed. The MP looks really busy, and boring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm still lost. Install a game on my X1, no longer need disc, give to mate, he installs on his X1, no longer needs discs unless problems occur of course. So where am I getting it wrong? Does the disc like Windows know how many times it's been installed? It's the only thing I can think of, and if so what's to stop my friend not installing and just playing from disc alone?

We both would still have the full game?

Now I can't understand this. Football manager got round this idea years ago because you didn't need the disc to play but you needed the disc to load up. I got round this by leaving the PC on or just never quitting the game. Genius right? ;)

Clio
No no no, once you install the game form the disc something magical will happen in the cloud to tie that disc to your gamer account. So if someone else on a different gamer account tries to install it, it will not work.

(I think)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Which leads me onto my next question. How do you sell/trade in games in places like Game for eg? Do they have a thing that gives it another license?

Oh Spoonie thanks for clarifying lots of things for us simpletons!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Which leads me onto my next question. How do you sell/trade in games in places like Game for eg? Do they have a thing that gives it another license?

Oh Spoonie thanks for clarifying lots of things for us simpletons!

Heres how Im seeing it.

I buy games, for example, Tomb Raider. Play single player, complete it over the month, and trade/sell it back to Game:

Initial Purchase Price: £40
Game Buy it off me for: £22

Game Sell it on for £30.

That game has "cost" me £18. Game Will sell it to someone pre owned for an £8 Profit. The second hand buyer is saving £10 on the new price.

Everyone (bar publishers) is happy.

Now, If I buy that game for £40, and its locked to me, Im going to get pennies for it on trade in, as the guy who eventually buys it is maybe going to have to pay £10 for a licence to use it? As a result, When I trade in, Im likely to get £12 for the month old £40 game.

Unless I am wrong?

dk

911 GTS Cab
About downloading 20-50GB's - fair point. But you can install the game from the game disc, log in to your account on mates Xbox One and play.
we still haven't been told how this is even possible, how can you play the game from your mates house when he doesn't have the game on his xbox, if its pulling it from the cloud we come back to this 20-50gb problem again and how fast your internet connection is to stream 1080p quality gaming from the internet.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I'd imagine it would just download it as it would if you were on Steam and used your account elsewhere. Streaming games in this country is a massive no no. Onlive is a great example of this. We simply dont (or most house holds won't) have the speeds yet.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Heres how Im seeing it.

I buy games, for example, Tomb Raider. Play single player, complete it over the month, and trade/sell it back to Game:

Initial Purchase Price: £40
Game Buy it off me for: £22

Game Sell it on for £30.

That game has "cost" me £18. Game Will sell it to someone pre owned for an £8 Profit. The second hand buyer is saving £10 on the new price.

Everyone (bar publishers) is happy.

Now, If I buy that game for £40, and its locked to me, Im going to get pennies for it on trade in, as the guy who eventually buys it is maybe going to have to pay £10 for a licence to use it? As a result, When I trade in, Im likely to get £12 for the month old £40 game.

Unless I am wrong?

Can't see it being pennies. If it is indeed 10 quid for a license, then I'd imagine you'd get 10 quid less than before.

The publishers and game creators are really the ones that need to be kept happy at the moment. If they aren't, then no more games anyway. I've never bought a game with a thought as to its depreciation. At less than 40 quid a pop, it's just not worth bothering about.

we still haven't been told how this is even possible, how can you play the game from your mates house when he doesn't have the game on his xbox, if its pulling it from the cloud we come back to this 20-50gb problem again and how fast your internet connection is to stream 1080p quality gaming from the internet.

Personally, I can't imagine it downloading the game from the cloud.

It'll likely need the disc when playing at a friends.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Personally, I can't imagine it downloading the game from the cloud.

It'll likely need the disc when playing at a friends.
There's not been a single mention of discs, just that when you go to a mates house your entire (that's the important bit) game collection will be available to play once you log in. It also talks about copies of the game being in the cloud.

dont forget that all games will be available to download on launch day too, and I'm not use if this has been mentioned with Xbox, but sony have said that games can be played before they have finished downloading, I imagine Xbox will be the same.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Can't see it being pennies. If it is indeed 10 quid for a license, then I'd imagine you'd get 10 quid less than before.

The publishers and game creators are really the ones that need to be kept happy at the moment. If they aren't, then no more games anyway. I've never bought a game with a thought as to its depreciation. At less than 40 quid a pop, it's just not worth bothering about.

Im no CS Baller', but over the lifetime of the console, Id have say 50+ games, and not much choice of getting rid of them?

It would be like me still having Fifa 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 and only playing 13.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
That was a shocking sycophantic interview mate. Asked the question then accepted the shocking political answer.

One simple question. Can you play single player mode without being online.

Yes. For 24 hours.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
That was a shocking sycophantic interview mate. Asked the question then accepted the shocking political answer.

One simple question. Can you play single player mode without being online.

Terrible interview on both sides tbf. Asked the stupid questions knowing the political answers he'd receive. All to stir up the masses and generate traffic to the site.

f**k knows regarding your question, I'm never offline so it'll probably never come up

dk

911 GTS Cab
USB3? My current 360 uses USB external storage. While not as fast as USB3 it supplements the HD. Its possible this will be the intended path for extending storage also.
At least Sony have given people the choice to upgrade the hard drive if they wish and also don't require every game to be installed in the first place that I have read.

you really are a spokesman for ms aren't you!

At least Sony have given people the choice to upgrade the hard drive if they wish and also don't require every game to be installed in the first place that I have read.

you really are a spokesman for ms aren't you!

Not a spokesman at all. If Softcat were getting bad press for stuff based on a lot of rumour would you not try and clarify things if possible?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Not a spokesman at all. If Softcat were getting bad press for stuff based on a lot of rumour would you not try and clarify things if possible?
Sure, but most of it isn't rumour, it's mostly fact now, although there are people mis-interpreting things I guess.

fair enough.

i still think for a system requiring you to install games and with it not being a 'cheap' box they'd have given it a decent storage capacity when we are talking about dual layer bd media for games. It should be a terabyte minimum really.

i still think for a system requiring you to install games and with it not being a 'cheap' box they'd have given it a decent storage capacity when we are talking about dual layer bd media for games. It should be a terabyte minimum really.
Agree, it does seem to be underspec'd for it's intended use. Who knows, maybe there will be some compression involved. I think things are going to become clearly as time goes on and we start actually seeing some demos.

I know my posts are coming across biased so I think I am going to stop posting about Xbox and leave the official channels to clarify stuff. Its just difficult when you hear this being misinterpreted as you mention.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I went on game yesterday and added a ps4 to my basket, was about to order it and added an Xbox one, then thought, there's no rush, it's months and months away, I think I'll wait for more information to be clarified about both and wait until we see some reviews of the games running on the actual systems before take the plunge.

At the moment im thinking ps4, but I've always had both, I'm just not sure i can justify both this time around, I know there's exclusives I want on ps4 so that's why I'm thinking ps4 from day 1, but then I know I'll end up getting both anyway so I don't miss out.

At the moment im thinking ps4, but I've always had both, I'm just not sure i can justify both this time around, I know there's exclusives I want on ps4 so that's why I'm thinking ps4 from day 1, but then I know I'll end up getting both anyway so I don't miss out.

Same.

I'll probably own both eventually, but not in November. I won't have time to play both at launch (unless one is postponed until 2014).

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I had a little google but can't see any release date.. Judging by the post above I guess November is the date then?