ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E3 2013

Evo 5 RS
Honestly I didn't think the in game footage looked that impressive. It did for a lot of games, but not that. Quantum Break's trailer impressed me the most

It's difficult justifying the price as well knowing that the PS4 gets you more hardware. You're paying an extra £80 for less of a machine. I know it's not as clear cut as this, but it's still food for thought. I think they've genuinely priced it too high considering.
Did Sony confirm a camera and other motion detection will be included? The current Kinect retails at over £80 so there will be that additional hardware to consider.

AK

M240i
Were there specs released for these prices for PS4 and Xbox? All you know the PS4 is £80 cheaper but only comes with a GB of memory etc.

Evo 5 RS
Yeah, well. I couldn't give less s**ts about Kinect if I tried. Actually honestly for real. It's just a gimmick that doesn't interest me.

ST1050, 320d
If I'm going to buy either, it will be the PS. The online/pre-owned game element along with all the Kinect crap has put the nail in the coffin for me.

Yeah, well. I couldn't give less s**ts about Kinect if I tried. Actually honestly for real. It's just a gimmick that doesn't interest me.
Understand that, just trying to highlight why there might be a difference in price. You said Sony were offering more hardware. I am not sure they are.

Evo 5 RS
I <3 Kinect. The first one is pretty cool for parties, the second one looks like it's going to be even better.

Try using it with a 3 year old in the room. I'd just rather sit down and play proper games, even with mates. That's what the Wii is for. Jumping around like a tw*t I mean.

Understand that, just trying to highlight why there might be a difference in price. You said Sony were offering more hardware. I am not sure they are.

In fairness I've yet to watch Sony's conference, but from what's been confirmed the actual system specs of the Xbox One are lesser. So I would of personally automatically assumed the console would of been priced accordingly, or at least at the same price with the inclusion of Kinect.

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I can't even be bothered getting into a fanboi argument over a gaming console. Going by the last machines I went from a PS3 to Xbox360 and it was night and day.

This time things have moved on and time will tell which is better. Friends also dictate what machine someone will buy, you won't buy a PS3 if 5 of your mates have just bought an Xbox. Fact.

We shall see guys. Very exciting times. The Grand Theft Auto thing is now a tad annoying though. When is it released in comparison to New Xbox release?

Evo 5 RS
It's not a fan boy argument. I couldn't give a rats arse which turns out to be the better option, but you've just said yourself, urgh, PS3 wasn't as good as my Xbox. It's swings and round-abouts.

Although Last of Us is a pretty awesome au revoir for the PS3.

I've had 2 hours asleep, games are stupid. So are children. Someone hold me

RX7 FD
Just watched some bits from E3, The Division looks immense.

I got excited about BF4 .... then there was a Star Wars Battlefront teaser being made by DICE and I almost went to heaven!

Just seen the PS3 controller, no thanks, looks like a boomerang. I'll gladly pay the extra for the Xbox.

Most of the games im looking forward to are multi platform, Ubisoft are smashing it ATM.

Evo 5 RS
Brief summary of plus points of the PS4:
  • Cheaper
  • Upgradable HDD
  • 40 Exclusives in first year
  • Faster GPU
  • No used game DRM
  • No region lock
  • No internet DRM

Evo 5 RS
Most of my friends have chlamydia, doesn't mean I want to play with them lol. I'm not saying for sure which is better, just listing the plus points. Notice how I haven't put PS+ lol.

I still haven't played The Witcher 2, I'll have to do that at some point

It's one of the best games of all time (I reckon) very well written and well paced. The prospect of the same game but in a multi region open world setting makes Skyrim seem fairly poop. Although much like Skyrim, W2 will suck your life away.

Nissan 350z
Jesus. This looks great.

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Most of my friends have chlamydia, doesn't mean I want to play with them lol. I'm not saying for sure which is better, just listing the plus points. Notice how I haven't put PS+ lol.

The PS4 controller appears to have chlamydia, so you'll have it soon. I put silly numbers of hours into Skyrim :eek:

Evo 5 RS
Yeah I'm not sold on it either, will wait till I've felt one in my hand.

​tehe, gay.

AK, they ported it to Xbox 360, was a PC game initially. Chances are if you liked Skyrim you'll like Witcher 2. The original was PC only and a lot more top down old skool RPG.

Not to mention way too f'ing long. Never completed it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well, if graphics can be like this in gameplay and obviously not pre-rendered, I'll be hugely impressed. This is the sort of stuff I've always looked forward to. Like, at times actually not being able to differentiate between reality and a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Evo 5 RS
Are you pulling all this stuff from last night I take it, I might have to just jump on and watch the trailers. Zero chance of getting 4 hours to myself whilst not at work

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I am yeah. I missed everything from Ubisoft onward, so I'm watching trailers of the games folk said looked very impressive.

I have to admit, I'm hyped. Everything looks just so damn good.