ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E46 M3 or 2013 Fiesta ST?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Rundown of the video? Can't watch it just now.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not the best comparison either tbf, different prices etc, never mind the other 1000 things that are polar opposites.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Strange comparison. Got to be the M for looks alone. Great looker

The Fiesta is probably more fun as its a rapid little hatch but I'd personally go for the M3

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
LOL.

$25k for an E46 M3?

I might buy some, convert to LHD and export them.

Its actually 22ks worth. 2003 with a few decent mods so I'd say its probably worth 20k. take into account pounds to dollar rate its probably a £13.5k car so really its the same as here maybe a bit more.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Interesting comparison idea (ive not watched the video I just mean the newer cheaper car versus the older more expensive one that has depreciated to the same point)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That would be a tough choice,but i still dont know who really wants a new fiesta only to consider a 6-7 yr old car.

I suppose you could keep the M3 for a year then sell it for nothing of a loss and buy the fiesta.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
For fun on the road the Fiesta is probably better. Less power so easier to have fun without going to jail.

In every other department the M3 ruins it for me, which it should.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
For fun on the road the Fiesta is probably better. Less power so easier to have fun without going to jail.

In every other department the M3 ruins it for me, which it should.

Pretty much exactly what the video concluded. Day to day, the ST is as fun to drive as the M3...and given USD22k, either would deliver to a keen driver.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Definatly a used M3 for me. The fiesta just makes the drivers look like abit immature in my opinion and the car just looks too Poncy. That's fine if your a bird but not if your a bloke.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Definatly a used M3 for me. The fiesta just makes the drivers look like abit immature in my opinion and the car just looks too Poncy. That's fine if your a bird but not if your a bloke.

This is the trouble with the ST. Too many people like yourself have instant and immediate prejudice without giving it a chance.

That's fine by me...and it does make me chuckle a little that so many who want a proper drivers hot-hatch dismiss what's currently and clearly the best out there. It's good enough to sit alongside an 11 year old M3...

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
This is the trouble with the ST. Too many people like yourself have instant and immediate prejudice without giving it a chance.

That's fine by me...and it does make me chuckle a little that so many who want a proper drivers hot-hatch dismiss what's currently and clearly the best out there. It's good enough to sit alongside an 11 year old M3...

Hes allowed an opinion. The M3 has pedigree that's on another level to the Fiesta. Granted the Fiesta will be fun (like any good hot hatch) but come on...an e46 M3 remains the undisputed sports saloon of choice. Don't get so defensive

Matt Farah. I quite like him.

Great review of the Fiesta. Not really bothered about the validity of the comparison. Just a bit of fun in two very good cars.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member

^ and was more fun for that driver.....thats it.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Hes allowed an opinion. The M3 has pedigree that's on another level to the Fiesta. Granted the Fiesta will be fun (like any good hot hatch) but come on...an e46 M3 remains the undisputed sports saloon of choice. Don't get so defensive

The E46 being the 'undisputed sports saloon of choice' is relevant to a 'how much fun on the road can USD22k get me' in what way? It's a car chosen for it's value and fun, as is the ST.

There's no defensiveness here...people can call my car whatever they want...I encounter far worse on a daily basis!

In a way it's similar to those that dismiss Clios as being French crap. If they could get over that, they'd realise that they're missing out on a well sorted car.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
There's no defensiveness here...people can call my car whatever they want...I encounter far worse on a daily basis!

Funny when people say cars are girly or fine if its for your bird etc. I would happily drive my Mrs bright blue Abarth 500 round all the time, its a right hoon to drive.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Despite being a Yank, that guy seems like he knows what he's talking about. As Munson points out it's meant to be a fun video. The running costs of the M3 would sway me towards the Fiesta, despite desiring the BMW more.

Italian 3.2 V6
Can't watch the video, but don't really need too tbh. M3 wihtout a shadow of a doubt.

M3 & 208 GTi
Hi guys I'm new, but feel I can contribute to this topic.

My miswah (Mrs) has this:

5010A68C-E06A-40F9-959F-ED53F4CDBFB7.jpg

It's the 208 GTi, which came a close 2nd to the ST in all the reviews and the GTi is just as fast as the Ford Fiesta ST. It's a car very similar to the ST. They are close rivals.

And I have this:

B79A9A26-F08F-4AEA-A5EF-9970C752113C.jpg

A BMW E46 M3 CS.... (My 2nd M3)

Right the little hatch back has a 1.6 litre turbo motor the same as a ST Fiesta again producing 200HP. It is well built with nice stylish touches and also has a mountain of torque. Around town it's the perfect car, light on it's feet, small and really fast. It's even fun on the open road with twists and turns and really does like to be chucked about. How does it compare to an M3.

IT doesn't!!!!!

The M3 still feels like a 50k car and the quality of the materials really good. He driving position, the Nappa leather clad sports seats are really supportive. What the M3 has which a lot of cars don't have is that "sports car" feeling. It "feels" special even going slowly. It's direct with decent feel and when driven in anger really shows what it can do. It's a proper performance car. It's much faster than the GTi. The E46 M3 rivals cars like the Audi RS4 and Porsche 911

Its 2 seconds faster to 60mph, and 7 seconds quicker to 100mph. Around a track the difference is on another planet.

They are Both great cars and I enjoy driving both but the M3 is something special.