ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E46 M3 or 2013 Fiesta ST?

Love the 208 GTI. Really nice. Shame about the comedy steering wheel. They must have been high when they signed that off :(

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
This is the trouble with the ST. Too many people like yourself have instant and immediate prejudice without giving it a chance.

I dont need to give the stupidly bright orange fwd Fiesta a chance. Point is, you could be 6ft 6 and built like a brick turd house, you will look immature driving one. Sorry fella, thats not prejudice, thats fact. Its like saying to your 85 year old nan that come summer time, she should where a nice skimpy number from Ann Summers around the paddling pool. Not because she shouldn't be prejudice to people wearing a thong and strapless bra or because her camel toe hangs to her knees but because its the coolest and best thing to wear in the blazing sun........

Regarding the Fiat 500, thats a quirky little italian car which looks pretty cool without trying hard unlike the fiesta.

Last edited:
I dont need to give the stupidly bright orange fwd Fiesta a chance. Point is, you could be 6ft 6 and built like a brick turd house, you will look immature driving one. Sorry fella, thats not prejudice, thats fact. Its like saying to your 85 year old nan that come summer time, she should where a nice skimpy number from Ann Summers around the paddling pool. Not because she shouldn't be prejudice to people wearing a thong and strapless bra or because her camel toe hangs to her knees but because its the coolest and best thing to wear in the blazing sun........

Regarding the Fiat 500, thats a quirky little italian car which looks pretty cool without trying hard unlike the fiesta.

Have you been drinking?

Albi Blue 200
sounds like something fifth gear would do, then pit them against each other in a drift test and act all surprised when the bmw wins

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I'm just surprised gally hasn't commented on this yet...maybe he's been typing up his thoughts for the last few hours

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
I don't see how a brand new Fiesta ST is immature. IMO a car is only immature or chavvy if the average person who owns one is young and chav-like, like a Saxo or old Corsa. Until a fleet of Mk7 Fiesta ST's take up all the free spaces at your local McDonalds on a Sunday night then I'm afraid I beg to differ.

Crap comparison. Perception is a individual thing and doesn't matter if your not bothered what people think or say. Unfortunately IMO most people are, and car companies use this to their advantage. Unfortunately for Ford and Vauxhall have struggled to shake the negative label associated with their affordable hot hatches. I always wondered why thats not been the same for Renaults????

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Crap comparison. Perception is a individual thing and doesn't matter if your not bothered what people think or say. Unfortunately IMO most people are, and car companies use this to their advantage. Unfortunately for Ford and Vauxhall have struggled to shake the negative label associated with their affordable hot hatches. I always wondered why thats not been the same for Renaults????

I'd say that's about to change.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
I don't see how a brand new Fiesta ST is immature. IMO a car is only immature or chavvy if the average person who owns one is young and chav-like, like a Saxo or old Corsa. Until a fleet of Mk7 Fiesta ST's take up all the free spaces at your local McDonalds on a Sunday night then I'm afraid I beg to differ.

Yeah admitedly i was a bit harsh, but in my own opinion, young lads/gals seem to be the typical Feista driver regardless of cc or type. I wouldnt call them chavy at the moment just a youths car.

Anyway, the title is M3 or ST. Not what is crap or good. Im not prejudice towards the fiesta because i'd prefere a car with a bit more raw driving dynamics. If i had the option id always take the car that is a bit more difficult to drive at 8/10th's or more. Sorry

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Yeah admitedly i was a bit harsh, but in my own opinion, young lads/gals seem to be the typical Feista driver regardless of cc or type. I wouldnt call them chavy at the moment just a youths car.

Anyway, the title is M3 or ST. Not what is crap or good. Im not prejudice towards the fiesta because i'd prefere a car with a bit more raw driving dynamics. If i had the option id always take the car that is a bit more difficult to drive at 8/10th's or more. Sorry

I know what you mean. Even though my MX-5 was slower and had less power than half the cars I've owned, it was the most rewarding to drive.

Audi S3 8P, 330ci
There's no question about it. The E46 M3 hands down. How can it be compared to a chavwagon such as the Fiesta? I can't imagine driving a Fiesta, Corsa, Clio or anything of that sort.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I've seen 2 ST's on the road so far. One driven by a 40+ year old munter and the other by a 40+ bloke. Not sure where all this chavwagon stuff comes from.
I've seen plenty of E46 M3's being driven by chavs these days though...

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
I was about to say that there's nothing more chavvy than owning something German these days.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Looking back at the posts, who called it chavy? Most young guns cant probably afford an ST but I bet a huge number drive lesser model Fiesta's. I personaly cant remember seeing any of the local youths driving a real M3 however.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Looking back at the posts, who called it chavy? Most young guns cant probably afford an ST but I bet a huge number drive lesser model Fiesta's. I personaly cant remember see any of the local youths drive a real M3 however.

I used the word, it's the same as calling something immature IMO. Probably a word I'm more than used to living in Cannock (chav central) where I've yet to see a new ST.

Around these parts most 'youths' have A3's and Mk5 Golfs, and BMW's are popular too, all of which scrape the floor with split rims and stance stickers. Each to their own and all that, and yes they're not sports models... But to me the younger generation want German cars.

I will admit this however, when I was looking at buying an older Fiesta ST I gave up because I couldn't find one that hadn't been ruined by its owner. Nearly all of the ones I went to see had a sub in the boot.

Previously watched this video.. Wasn't too surprised with the verdict. After having quite a lot of passenger rides in both the 2013 Fiesta ST and E46 M3's I would always go for the M3 no matter what!

Everywhere is giving amazing reviews for the Fiesta ST, I do believe that the fiesta st is an impressive car with brilliant spec and is a nice place to be inside. But I have a good mate with one which has the Mountune MP215 kit, speed wise my Clio sits with it through every gear, round corners, out of corners and along a straight.(Fiesta does stop very well in comparison though).

That's the reason I would go into a E46 M3, why would I buy something that is very similar to what I have already got?