ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E85 3.0 Z4 Roadster Project

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So, this really needs updating.

I enjoyed the car all summer as it was, then the heated seat seats went in which I am massively grateful for now, keeping me massively toasty in the cold mornings.

I now own a decent(ish) camera, so I've taken plenty of photos lately, the last before the cold winter set in:

IMG_3219.jpg

Had a few issues here and there lately, someone hit the back bumper, I hit the front wing, so this month it spent a bit of time in the 'shop and is mint again.

Also, it decided it didn't like coolant and pissed out water EVERYWHERE one hot day, turned out to be the seal on the radiator cap, replaced that Sunday, topped up the coolant and away I went. £8, who said BMW ownership was expensive?

Some changes coming up for winter, the 108's are coming off as the tyres are now nearly dead, and the 32's from the track day are going on...

Trackday1.jpg

They're going to be fully sprayed in BMW sparkling graphite first, don't worry.

I'll run these all winter, then in March I'm finally going for it and buying CSL's.

It's also getting a full service, new gear oil and diff oil next month. It needs it.

Milltek'd clio 182
never used to like these cars, but seeing yours lately has made me do a little browsing on autotrader. Loving the wheels, really looks nice

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers mate, yeah the 32's are 17's, tyres are staggered on them, wheel aren't... lol!

I'd love facelift rear lights but they go for serious money and aren't a simple retrofit I'm afraid :(

I'm tempted to de-orange the indicators everywhere though, effectively facelifting the front.

Never above 25mpg
Yeah, I had the same problem with the LED rears on the 330, hence me going cheapo and buying DEPO knock offs!

De tangoing sounds good! Is that much of a ballache to do?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
CSL's are the only wheel to have...Like Turini's, they are popular for a reason; they look OE!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
CSL's look better on the Coupe to be honest (Biased) but they do.

Std wheels look crap; infact if i'm being brutally honest the non ///M looks a bit pony!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
MOT in 10 minutes - s**t.

CSL's are the only wheel to have...Like Turini's, they are popular for a reason; they look OE!

This man knows.

The CSLs look sh*t in the pic above, but I think that's just because it needs more lowz.

This man knows better. When they go on it will be lowered at the same time.

I really don't think they suit the lines of Z4's, not a huge fan I'm afraid Rob. But then again I love the standard wheels!

See above. Get it low on the CSL's and it sits just right. Like poyfect.

The standard wheels have wound me up, I refuse to pay out to have them refurbed again too.. I rushed into my refurb without enough knowledge of split rims etc, so I could get it done better this time but nevermind.

Ali, they definitely suit the coupe far better, but on a lowered roadster they look great too.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I couldn't disagree more about the standard wheels, the five spokes suit it perfectly IMO:

IMG_3219.jpg

I do realise I'm in the minority though, but then again you're all wrong ;)

Do agree on the CSL's looking better on the coupe though.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Ok, silver CSL's on illiad looks mint. Mind. Changed.

However, that bottom one looks all wrong. It's a fairly classly looking car, the Z4. Why make it look like a Bradford drug-dealer special?

They need to stay silver mate. Oh, and get a respray.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
the top one ins an M//. i dont think in standard from in can pull off the CSL wheels, it needs the morer agressive styling imo

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
That hard top is horrible horrible horrible! Looks completely wrong.

The point of the MR is that 'when' it's nice you can take the top off! (Surely) Surely that hard top negates the point!

CSL's look great. No other wheels crossed my mind for the Zed.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Agreed Ali and I don't like soft tops per se. The Z4 looks superb Robbo.

Csl's need Eibachs to work. Eibachs are always ftw because like Ali says about the CSLs makes the car look oe.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
On a side note 'when' you buy your CSL's don't get Vredesteins! They are horrific on the Zed...Terrible balance!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sessantas Ali? The Frp was transformed with them, they work so well on FWD hence a lot of the Mk2 Frs boys using them these days.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, as per the above. wheels look horrendi against the Silver also.

Mini Cooper S
The Z4M can definitely pull off the CSLs....undecided on the normal shape. Decent photoshop is required Rob!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah I will get photoshopping.

I know the bottom car looks like a bad man special, but it just proper appeals to the 18 year old chav inside!

I will 100% not fit the CSL's without eibachs and I'd probably go for flaken tyres as they seem to get great reviews for the price.

If I can find one, I am actually going to fit a //M front bumper, so I'll have some of the styling going on.

TBH I really do like the car, so maybe I'll keep it a while longer and invest some cash!