ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EA Access [Xbox One]

This was mentioned in the Xbox One thread too, but thought I'd start a new topic. I've just signed up to the yearly option as I wanted to get BF4 anyway, so for £20 I can play it for the year which is still cheaper than buying it.

Cost:

Monthly = £3.99
Yearly = £19.99

What you get:

• Play any games in the 'vault' for free (as long as you have your membership).
  • 10% OFF other EA games/content.
  • Play new releases 5 days early.

In the vault:

Currently the games in the vault include BF4, Fifa14, NFL25 and Peggle2.

Negatives:

• Digital only - cannot resell, be prepared for long download times.
  • Might have to wait 6-12 months before a game is added to the vault.

[video=youtube_share;ka98iXbXndw]http://youtu.be/ka98iXbXndw[/video]

EA Site with current games/details: http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/

Do we know how soon new games will appear in the vault?
I'd guess 10 months as the current four were released Sep-Dec 2013.

I can't see it being less than 6 months, otherwise people may stop buying games (BF5) on release and waiting.

Ph 1 172
This has the potential to be fantastic but like most ea things it will end up shite I should think... I might just do it month by month to be honest instead of the yearly amount

This has the potential to be fantastic but like most ea things it will end up s**te I should think... I might just do it month by month to be honest instead of the yearly amount

Just don't do it for longer than 5 months.

Monthly = £48 a year.

I can see them increasing the price eventually.

1.8 Civic EX
What you get:

• Play any games in the 'vault' for free (as long as you have your membership).
  • 10% OFF other EA games/content.
  • Play new releases 5 days early.

Do we know how soon new games will appear in the vault?

I'd guess 10 months as the current four were released Sep-Dec 2013.

I can't see it being less than 6 months, otherwise people may stop buying games (BF5) on release and waiting.

So someone is confused here.....

How can you play new releases 5 days early if they take 10months to be available ;)

It's a neat idea, although already owning Battlefield 4 and Fifa 14 I won't be taking part for some time...

So someone is confused here.....

How can you play new releases 5 days early if they take 10months to be available ;)

It's a neat idea, although already owning Battlefield 4 and Fifa 14 I won't be taking part for some time...

You're right. You are confused.

AK

M240i
Is there anything to stop me registering for one month so I can get FIFA 15 early? (Assuming the FIFA 15 needs to be a download).

Is there anything to stop me registering for one month so I can get FIFA 15 early? (Assuming the FIFA 15 needs to be a download).

From what I understand you get to play the full games 5 days early. Then once the 5 days are up you have to pay to continue playing.

I don't see why you couldn't do that.

AK

M240i
Lol f**k off EA.

Subscribers will be able to access EA games five days before their release date and play them ‘for at least two hours’ before they’re officially available, with the likes of FIFA 15 and Dragon Age Inquisition specifically mentioned by name.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Lol f**k off EA.

Subscribers will be able to access EA games five days before their release date and play them ‘for at least two hours’ before they’re officially available, with the likes of FIFA 15 and Dragon Age Inquisition specifically mentioned by name.

LOL! 2 hours?!

I'm in!

Yaris Hybrid
Not interested.

Old sports titles that your mates have stopped playing cos they got the new version.

Games like BF that you would have got already if you were interested, are about to be replaced and would require the purchase of DLC.

Discounts on digital games that cost way more than hard copies and don't have resale value.

It's basically £20 to play games a few days early but you lose that much by buying the digital version even with the discount!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The Vault is a nice inclusion, I guess. But waiting 10 months + for games isn't that great. Saying that, access to BF4, Fifa 14 etc. etc. which are already in there is great for folk who don't have those games currently, as you're only paying £20 for them all.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Lol f**k off EA.

What it actually says is that the Early Access will stop working at least 2 hours before the full game is available to buy (5 days after you get the early access, Sept. 23th in the US). You can play the game for the entire 5 days, then 2 hours before the game is released in the store it will stop working.

"for at least two hours before they’re officially available"