ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eagle F1 GSD3's or P-Zero Nero?

need two tyres, 195/45/16V.....ive had Eagle F1's all the time in the past, thinking about a change............these are the same price, which is better?

cheers!

172cup
do NOT get GSD3's..... they are just terrible tyres. Not a patch on GSD2's.

Don't know what the P-zero's are like... but you'd be seriously dissapointed with the new F1's

havent they stopped making the F1 ?

I some sizes yes (mainly prestige sizes) as they have moved over into F1 assymetrics

Remember F1's are the last step before track tyres, Pirelli P zero rossos are good, long lasting quet road tyres, P zero neros not so.

ive had gsd3's in the past, been good............fooked off the neros........ended up getting a pair of dunlop sp9000's......worth a try i guess..........think theyve stopped making gsd3's in 195/45/16

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
I have neros on the front, rubbish in the wet, not pushed it in the dry (havnt had a chance!). Look elsewhere.

SL.

Valver
Did have yokohama - absolutely disgusting in the wet

Got some Toyo Proxes T1R which aint quite so bad

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Yokohama you mean S-drive ? Are they really bad in wet ? F1 great in wet.
What wrong with GSD3 F1 ?

ive had gsd3's in the past, been good............fooked off the neros........ended up getting a pair of dunlop sp9000's......worth a try i guess..........think theyve stopped making gsd3's in 195/45/16

Nope not discontinued any sizes yet as they havn't had a full roll out on the assymetrics

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
The P Zeros are some of the best road tyres i have used. Had the Eagles on the rear of my M5, kept losing traction in the wet and dry. Even though they had 5mm tread left i fitted the P Zeros and they amazing. They gripped better in the wet than the Eagles did in the dry! I fit them to all my cars now.

Clio 172 PH2
F1's came 1st EVOs tyre poll, which was based on wet and dry handling lateral g, best lap times, acceleration,braking etc. The p zero nero's (which i've got) came 6th but rated well in the wet.
To be honest though they're probably both good tyres and you wouldn't notice much of a difference!!