ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eagle F1's

182 Cup
Was due 2 front tyres so went up to my local place yesterday intedning to have 2 new Exaltos fitted. However, swayed by a £20 difference between Exaltos and F1's I decided to try the Goodyears.
So, the guy told me to give them a couple of days to get the shine off and let them really come to life but by God they feel amazing, pushed hard through roundabouts last night and didn't get a hint of understeer.
Definitely a good purchase and for a saving of £40, unbeatable. Also, they look pretty sexy as well!

Ph1
I Swore by F1's until recently trying Parada's.

The Yoko's feel on another level compared plus are a tad cheaper (mk1 172 195/50)

Wont be going back to F1's for a while

53 Clio's & counting
i can get f1s for £30 a piece so im sticking with them lol,i think they are great in the wet too

mini cooper (RIP 172)
i dint like then on the back:dapprove: seem to move about, but they do grip well so think i'll be putting then on the front soon:D

a thirsty one
dont the parada when pushed hard start to have chunks ripped off them? heard a few people on here mention very high wear rates although i dont have any personal experience of them, do look sexy though.

phase 1 172
its wierd how the opinions range from 1 extreme to the other!

im lookin to buy 4 tyres for my 16"oz f1 but cant afford exaltos, most say that toyo`s r pants in the wet so looks like its these then

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive had/got all 3 that you mention Rich! Toyos are the worst and eagles and exaltos are about the same imo. With the deciding factor being price Id go for eagles if you want them to last a bit longer go for exaltos.

phase 1 172
cheers john much appreciated so r both decent in wet, i neva push my car in the wet as its not worth it but i still want safety

Megane
I'v egot eagles on the front with exaltos omn the rear.

Grip wise its amazing in both wet and dry...

It also seems to be a good combination according to some of the threads on here...

Black-Gold 182
Eagles on the front, and Dunlop SP Sport 9000s on the rear - good balance - rear grippy, front slides a bit - well balanced, throw it into a corner and you can get 4 wheel drift, in a front wheel drive car!

BMW M135i
Love the F1s, the wet grip is pretty damn good imo. They'll be on the 172 as soon as i've knackered these contis.

178hp 172 Cup
i hear the Parada's are very good in the dry but are really pants in the wet!! for an all round road tyre ( especially in the UK ) i would go for the F1's!!!