ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Earthing point MK1

I am currently wiring my car up with a sub and an amp, an I wondered where the best place was to earth it? The previous owner had it on one of the seatbelt base mounts.

BTW its a MK1 Ph3.

Thanks

Matt

Dunno if it helps but it earthed it to the srew that held the rear light in on my mk1 172. Not sure if thats possible on the MK1 Ph3 though

Yeah had a look at that, looks a viable option, just not too sure on this electrics busy so thought Id ask for addition opinions.

silver valver/hybrid

should be ok anywhere, where a bolt is fastened to the main body of the car.

just make sure you remove any paint where the cable will be earthed.

500bhp Scoob

I used a bolt that clips onto the rear seat, on the nearside.

If u pull the seat up, you should see a big gold coloured bolt, you can undo it with a torx driver.

Just use a bit of sandpaper to take some of the paint and dirt away, and hey presto, good earthing point.

This was an ideal place for mine, as i got the amp screwed into the back of the seat

Skoda Fabia vRS

i removed the drivers side rear cluster, drilled a hole, top left ish, inside the car i remove the paint from around the hole, then bolted my earth through the hole

Punto/Clio GTT

i took out the big bolt that holds the rear seats in the middle, put the bolt back in and tightened it up really hard