ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ebay Exhaust for Clio 182

RB 182 FF
Hi everyone, anyone got any experience of this Ebay Exhaust for £190?! It's sold by uk-Performance-uk and they have 99.5% feedback so it looks promising... I want a cheap stainless exhaust and wondered if anyone had one and how well it fits/how loud it is etc.... Cheers.
Screenshot_20191128-193721.jpg

RB 182 FF
Yeah I'm hearing you Daz, just thought it looked alright and I'm very keen not to spend more than £200 on an exhaust as times are hard at the moment... Just wondered if anyone had tried this as £190 appealed to me very much at the moment, yet I'm fully aware you generally get what you pay for...

RB 182 FF
I've had a stainless exhaust on the clio since I bought it and was done by the previous owner so it's at least 9 years old, maybe 10... I'd love not to buy an exhaust but the right pipe has nearly rusted through at the back, it's held on at the moment by gasket sealant, some bandage and crossed fingers.... So I need a solution and a cheap one preferably...

RB 182 FF
Those were my concerns, for £190 I'd be happy getting a couple of years out of it but I'm well past the stage of loud exhausts... One thing I don't need is a boy racer boomy bell end exhaust at my age...

VW passat R
I had one of these exhausts on my 182 when I bought it was really pleased with it. the quality of the welds are amazing, & it's very light. Just was to loud for me now fitted ktec, lovely sound but build quality isn't the same. If you want a loud exhaust go for it, highly recommend, fits great. At idle about 82db.

RB 182 FF
@jayb1985 thats great info cheers, that's exactly what I was hoping for when posting this... As you've said it's loud I'll give it a miss, my 67 year old mum drives my 182 a lot now so she definitely wouldn't be liking a loud exhaust, and neither do I... Cheers very much everyone who posted.. (y)

RB 182 FF
Hi @MrBlonde, cheers for the heads up, I've decided I'm just going to bite the bullet and go and get a custom exhaust made up... Its in the plans to keep the 182 forever until it dies so a really good custom exhaust is probably a wise decision in the long run... Cheers for the heads up though. 👍🏻

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Hi @MrBlonde, cheers for the heads up, I've decided I'm just going to bite the bullet and go and get a custom exhaust made up... Its in the plans to keep the 182 forever until it dies so a really good custom exhaust is probably a wise decision in the long run... Cheers for the heads up though. 👍🏻
I see absolutely not point to get a full custom exhaust for a standard car. You'll end up with cheap Powerflow backboxes and a system you can't easily swap out other parts for.
IMHO buy a decent system (milltek, ktec, yozza), then have the only 'custom' bit a decat with a flexi and the manifold to decat joint v-banded.

RB 182 FF
I wouldn't go to Powerflow... I was intending to go to someone like Prospeed in Cardiff, they do top work and did the exhaust currently on the car that's lasted 9 of not 10 years with zero issues...

RB 182 FF
You mentioned decat, I presume it's impossible to decat and pass emissions without swapping the cat in for mot's?! Also what sort of difference are we talking with a decatted system? If I'm going whole hog custom system then an EFI remap will probably be on the cards as well, in for a penny, in for a pound is how I see it....

Clio Sport
You mentioned decat, I presume it's impossible to decat and pass emissions without swapping the cat in for mot's?! Also what sort of difference are we talking with a decatted system? If I'm going whole hog custom system then an EFI remap will probably be on the cards as well, in for a penny, in for a pound is how I see it....
391E650F-5DB4-4328-9578-12689A4C379C.jpeg

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
Happy with my eBay system been on a year with a decat. Its loud but who cares I like it.

Attachments

• MOV_8272_000.mp4
    20.8 MB