ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ecotek on RS

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Anyone run one of these, I have one I took off my saxo and was going to pop it on - found a fitting guide and it looks easy but never really sure if these things did what they were supposed to.

Audi TT 225
Run for the hills dude..... run for the hills! :banghead:

Do a search and you'll find out why.
It costs a good few grand to tune an RS.... no stick on lump of craps gonna do your car any good!

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Oh, I fully expect the usual torrent of abuse, and i'm not looking for a 5p mod that gives 50bhp.

simply to increase fuel economy on the long trip to work.

Audi TT 225
Put a pin hole in your induction hose for the same effect LOL
They dont work, their bad for the car. If you want good fuel economy just be careful with the right foot lol

Ive had upto 40+mpg in my RS on motorways... low as 14mpg "having fun".

TT
i had one on my old car (clio) (not for long btw, didnt like it) i didnt find it made any difference to economy or anything, just an annoying noise when deccelerating, and made it a bit smoother when starting it on a cold morning, not really worth the hassle imo

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
yeah, had a look at the tech info by searching the net and found what you all seem to be referring to.

Ebay fodder

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
a lad i know had one on his vtr and he swore blind it give him more power how i pmsl