ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU Advice

Hello all,

Okay; I have an RS172 MK2, I've added the Cup suspension, 182 alloys, ITG replacement filter, but........now I need some advice!

My car is my toy; it's only done 18k from new and I only use it maybe at the weekend if I can be bothered to swap it round with my company car, I need a new reason to make the effort to switch between the companies 4x4 and my little monster. ECU upgrade; I'm tempted but unsure?!?!?

I have some questions:

1. Will it damage the car?
2. Which is best for a car without an added exhaust or Induction (Don't plan to add in future)
3. I'm looking at the ABP offering of a Superchip at £275 all in adding up to 10BHP!?
4. The Group N version I'm told only works on cars with after market exhausts and induction which I'm not keen to add.

Please help - I'm based in Reading so I'd like it to be local-ish if possible but I'll travel within reason if it's worthwhile.

T.you in advance

You won't get 10hp from a chip or remap 2~3 at best.Most of the aftermarket stuff makes little difference so having exhaust etc won't amke any difference realy. There are some groupN ecu whihc are mappe for exhaust etc best talk to the seller. I;d go for aan aftermarket ecu if i were you there £250 or so and easy to fit.
It won't damage the car. it might wear it more but the 172/182 engine is trong it will go to over 100k without problems so long as you take care and don't hammer it from cold.

Have you checked out www.fastchip.nl

Has any one purchased one of these ECU's?

If you are not going to modify your exhaust or induction, I wouldn't bother with an ECU.

You need the extra flow to make them work properly.

Just my opinion.

Fastchip in Holland is cheap. They can set your idle and rev limiter to whatever you want. Tell them what you had modified and they can give you advice. Just email them and ask. They are nice. They also have the service for ECU unlocking at Euro 100.

Or just get a whole new Group N ECU from France (if you know someone there) at the original Renault Sports Site. It cost approx. 275Euro, not just programming, it is a whole new piece of ECU.

Wish that helps.

172 cup'd extreme
fast chip sold the program to BB tuning for the R-sport ecu so there the same. The rsport makes a difference not in power but drivability your able to use second gear more effectivley round corners, although it revs to almost 8k i dont use it that high because theres no power increase after 6.5k

hkka said:
Fastchip in Holland is cheap. They can set your idle and rev limiter to whatever you want. Tell them what you had modified and they can give you advice. Just email them and ask. They are nice. They also have the service for ECU unlocking at Euro 100.

Or just get a whole new Group N ECU from France (if you know someone there) at the original Renault Sports Site. It cost approx. 275Euro, not just programming, it is a whole new piece of ECU.

Wish that helps.

Cheers mate.

is that from www.renault-sport.com ??

do I need to know someone in France to get 1?

Will they send me a whole new ecu? without having to swap mine over?

thanks

its cool, just found it!

bargain! has anyone around here used one? How does it compare to the one from fastchip?

:)