ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU and UCH swap issues

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
ok here's an odd one for people, hopefully an easy fix. I have a trophy and have fitted an rs2 inlet and it came with a mapped ecu, matching uch and fob. Im sure the ecu is from an early ph2 clio.

all installed totally fine, plugged in clip and set up the uch as n2 as it was previously and switched off airbags and such. BUT, my cruise control has stopped working and it is constantly saying the boot is open.

Cruise still comes up on the dash and actuates the light using the switch to go between cruise and speed limit, does it just need to reset the same way it sometimes does after a few miles when using the RSTuner?

The boot is confusing me as there is no switch in there that i can see?

all help greatly appreciated

Adey

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
i can't comment on cruise but I suspect it'll be linked to the boot issue. The wiring will be slightly different as the early Ph1-B cars had an actual boot switch where as the Ph2 had it built in to the lock mech.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh that's probably the problem then, So to use it I probably need to swap the security chip from the current uch to my 182 uch to solve the wiring issue or get the ecu Virginized so it will work with my 182 uch, is that correct?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
image.jpg
I was told the security chip was an 8 leg eprom, I have 2 at the top of the pic, this is my 182 uch, which one is it? Cheers for the help

raising this thread from the depths. did you resolve the above by swapping your security chips? I'm facing a similar issue at present