ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag ECU ‘missing’ in UCH config - light still on

HSH

ClioSport Club Member
This has left me scratching my head.
With the ecu ‘present’ I reset everything to ‘without’ whilst all sensors/airbags were disconnected.

Then disconnected the ecu, set it to ‘missing’ on the UCH install list. Ran a multiplex test and no faults found; ie no ‘airbag ecu not found’ fault. Winner..

However the airbag light is still illuminated.

My last thought is maybe my UCH cannot accept such configs? Or am I being thick and missed something obvious?

AC6A462E-420D-4AA8-91D9-E1ECEECC835C.jpeg

HSH

ClioSport Club Member
This is a work around I am aware of although with Clip at my disposal I’d rather a proper fix. I am contemplating leaving the ecu in, as it weighs nada

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I believe pulling the ecu will always throw the light on even when turned off in the multiplex. I just left the airbag ecu in with the airbags disabled and no warning lights.

SKINTasPER

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182/MK4 GT 120
This isn't how you turn it off you have to go into it and turn the stuff off in it, not just the module.

Clio 182
This has left me scratching my head.
With the ecu ‘present’ I reset everything to ‘without’ whilst all sensors/airbags were disconnected.

Then disconnected the ecu, set it to ‘missing’ on the UCH install list. Ran a multiplex test and no faults found; ie no ‘airbag ecu not found’ fault. Winner..

However the airbag light is still illuminated.

My last thought is maybe my UCH cannot accept such configs? Or am I being thick and missed something obvious?

View attachment 1583666
Hi mate

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm trying to code everything out on my 182 and have got everything set to "without" and managed to erase all Fault Codes, but still have the warning light coming on.

Cheers.