ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU Re-Map + CDA Airfilter... Is it worth it?

Inferno 182 Cup
Hi Guys/Girls,

I took my car to a Rolling Road last weekend and found that it only has 178BHP, 4 less than Standard! As you can imagen i was not best pleased.

So im starting to think about getting a Re-map and a CDA Airfilter. i already have a Janspeed Exhust and a BMC Replacment airfilter. Would the CDA filter + Re-Map make that much diffrence?

i was going to get this work done at Prima Racing, has anyone else used these? Are they any good?

Any info would be much apprecated!

03 RS clio 172 flameR
i hear the CDA's and the viper kits add around 7bhp!!!!
yet i dont belive it, max is about 4-5 in my opinion, re-map will be bout 8-10bhp
if you really goin tune it, do everything then re-map or you will be gettin it done more than once. but yes jus the IK should put you back near standard, even some decent oil and plugs mite even claw you back!

Inferno 182 Cup
Thanks rich,

I hear the ITC IK is better for performance? i want a balance of a good note and performance, all be it a small performance increase, as tesco say. Every little helps!

03 RS clio 172 flameR
i hear alot about these ITC kits but they like £350 or somin insane. im sure there good but theres a limit to what gains you can get from a air filter, they the top of the range, vipers are about £170, they still pritty top ranging, so are the BMC CDA ones, anything else like a 57i kit with out real good CAF positioning will prob lose you power lol. so they your three bad boys, if ure happy splashing out for a ITC then go for it coz they are the best but personally, id go viper. the key is in the fitting, make sure they tight! prima should do it rite. if you want real difference, get ya cams changed at the same time as remaping, you will notice this big time as it compltely alters the personallity of the engine, will rev higher too and we all kno that remapin lets ya up the rev limit!

Inferno 182 Cup
thanks again mate,

fogive my Dumbness but what does changing your cams do? and i take it this is quite a large job?

sorry my knowladge of engines is shocking! more of a computer man lol

Punto JTD
Hi Guys/Girls,

I took my car to a Rolling Road last weekend and found that it only has 178BHP, 4 less than Standard! As you can imagen i was not best pleased.

So im starting to think about getting a Re-map and a CDA Airfilter. i already have a Janspeed Exhust and a BMC Replacment airfilter. Would the CDA filter + Re-Map make that much diffrence?

i was going to get this work done at Prima Racing, has anyone else used these? Are they any good?

Any info would be much apprecated!

Firstly, all roalling roads are different. Speak to the owner and ask what do other 182s get on his rollers?

Second, with regards to the filters, you won't gain any HP, despite blowing £350 on one. Panel filters are a good option (cheap).

Bang for buck, a remap and a decat is a good option. I suppose CAMs would also be a decent mod. Make sure this is done before the remap.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
chops rite, a de-cat is a mint power for money job, yet it isnt road ligal and every mot you will need put the cat back on meaning a £20 job for a mechanic, not much really, but if u got wrote off they would void your insurance! cams are basiclly what controls the timing of the engine, meaning when fuel goes in and when gasses go out, put simply, u can have a range of cams, some will give you more low end power ( 2000-5000rpm) and some give high end ( 4000-7500rpm). they cost about 500 quid, and fitting isnt a quick job, ( about 4-6 hours) but should cost under 200 for fitting. yes its expensive but apart from decat, power costs lots of cash. but considering some mods which you can do that cost alot such as a ITG which would cost 400 with fitting for extra 200 ish quid you will se a power gain of about 12bhp and up, its not jus the bhp tho, it totally changes the way the car pulls. and remap after camming.....then u goin fly!