ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ecu remap by post?

Allan H

ClioSport Club Member
  Ford Puma, Focus
Read on here recently that someone was doing basic ECU remaps by post on a swap basis but can't find the post. Have tried search and Google. Can anyone help?

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
You're in Glasgow? Be worth heading to GI motorsport in Kilmarnock. They've mapped a few and look after a few of the SLS cars.

best you will get is a generic map.

This.

I wouldn't do it (Get a generic map by post. Or in person come to that) - and would rather wait to hop on one of the Group buys to save a few ££££ and get a custom map for your car. Or pay full price of course.

***I've had two Renaults mapped. Both had slight issues that the setting up and rolling road (Live) mapping picked up on. A generic map wouldn't have found either of these and it could have run like a bag of s**t both times. Or much worse.

Good luck.

Allan H

ClioSport Club Member
  Ford Puma, Focus
Cheers Bloke. Aye have heard good things about them. On a tight budget tho so looking at cheap options!

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
EFI is so cheap for what you get. I wish someone on this island done the same sort of service.

3 hours each way from glasgow isn't really the end of the world!

I wouldn't travel 6 hours just to go to EFI, in fact I wouldn't travel 10 minutes!

can-of-worms.jpg

Bar the fact my car idled like crap, had random surge's of power off throttle oh and blew up after 300 miles of being mapped. I put it down to bad luck but seems i'm not the only one who has had engine failure not long after taking a trip down to them this year. Spoke to a really clued up guy recently who purchased a few bits from me and told I don't him about mine and he said 'wasn't mapped at EFI was it?' and then told me i'm not the only one in recent months...

My personal opinion especially hearing all the other stories is they chase figures as I realise now mine was pushing out a lot more than it should of for the mods it had.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Bar the fact my car idled like crap, had random surge's of power off throttle oh and blew up after 300 miles of being mapped. I put it down to bad luck but seems i'm not the only one who has had engine failure not long after taking a trip down to them this year. Spoke to a really clued up guy recently who purchased a few bits from me and told I don't him about mine and he said 'wasn't mapped at EFI was it?' and then told me i'm not the only one in recent months...

My personal opinion especially hearing all the other stories is they chase figures as I realise now mine was pushing out a lot more than it should of for the mods it had.

I've not heard of any blowing up from mapping.

I doubt yours was down to mapping, it was a valve seat wasn't it?

Can I ask why you didn't fit new valve seats then if the valves and seals were new? As you never did give me the receipt I asked for with the detailed breakdown of the work carried out.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Also, you mentioned it was mapped for more power than it could handle? Aren't there many cars running the ED 230 conversion on stock internals without any issues?

Not meaning to sound like a dick, it's a genuine question I just couldn't think of a nicer way to word it.