ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU, UCH/BCM,steering ECU replacement,

clio
Hello
I have a problem with a Renauly Clio 3, 2006, the ECU is fried, when you turn on the ignition, the engine fan starts , orange key lights up on the dash and nothing else. I have ordered an ECU/UCH/steering ECU, Keyfobs Kit , same ECU Numbers as my unit. I have removed the ECU & the UCH, the steering ECU looks difficult to remove, any tips ?, do I need to strip the steering wheel, airbag or can I unbolt it & drop it and just change the controller(ECU).
I will video the job to help others.
The problem started with water entering from the engine bay, common problem, under the wiper motor the drain holes block, the water fills up and enters the car, all interior is wet, there is a big connector under the carpet, under the drivers seat near the door, it was rotten, I removed the connector and soldered all the connections direct, but the water had already fried the ECU.
If you hear water swishing in your Renault, dont wait, un block the drain holes.
regards
David Inchboard
Davidmotos.com