ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Editing / Processing Guidelines

"Navy" N17 TWO
Need some advice on how to "speed up & improve" my processing...

Some projects seem to take forever to look through everything, then go over each individual photo and play with levels, WB, crop etc. etc.

I know not every photo will work with exactly the same corrections but there must be a faster method of processing (I hope) :)

What is the "normal" process everyone uses to get their shots from camera - printer/website?

PS - using a Nikon D90 & Adobe CS4

Thanks in advance
Trev

Nimbus 197
Have you tried using Lightroom?

I usually import my projects into Lightroom and make any basic adjustments (crop/wb/brightness/contrast/etc) in there. If a particular image requires heavier PS work then I just take that image into photoshop.

Oil Burner
Import to Lightroom 3.

Apply generic keywords to all on import.

After import group sync adjustments, noise reduction, sharpening, vibrance, saturation, 5x7 crop ratio.

Now go through photos, flagging good photos.

Filter to flagged photos, now make minor adjustments to each photo.

Add keywords to individual photos,

Export.

With the sort of photography i tend to do, i usually dont bother trying to salvage anything that is well gone (unless the photo is very important) I can usually process about 600 photos down to 80-100 in 15-20 mins using this method.