ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EEE PC.. Anyone own one?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
A mate has just had his delivered today! It's amazing!

So tiny. WiFi, Linux etc etc

He's loading XP onto it now though

Cheap at £220 too! :D

Anyone else got one?

ph quick
Mates got one, found the touch pad a bit hard to use as its so small but its pretty cool... He's had to reflash his about 3 times in the week he;s owned it

cheerio

Citroen DS3 DSport
asus-eee-pc.jpg

531931643_7d1150d5cb.png

Small :)

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Wt color has ur friend got christopher?

I'm torn between the black and the white...

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
I got the black one...i bought the white originally and wasn't a great fan its a sort of pearly white not a mac white....

DSCF1366Medium.jpg

haw-he-haw, une-sept-deux
its just that its tiny, rugged, and they've managed to make it for £200. so its convenient for taking everywhere for internet/skype/video watching etc etc

haw-he-haw, une-sept-deux
no prob.

plus, its stupid I dont even need a laptop, but its made me just want one because they are cool.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I decided against buying one of these. My only real use for it would be to browse the net on but I have a iPhone for that so decided to spend my cash elsewhere.

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Got mine yesterday from toysrus...

I'm impressed with the build quality and functionality of it. Just wish the screen was bigger and in 1024 res

People are already overclocking them to over 1000Mhz, upgrading the memory to 2GB and slapping 30gb discs under the case.

Check out http://forum.eeeuser.com :)

Golf GTI 1.8T
wow how does it run on such little memory? is it easy to put xp on there? can you expand the ram? and run msn messenger on its OS or do you need windows? how many usb ports.

like the look of that, could be handy for travelling!

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
wow how does it run on such little memory? is it easy to put xp on there? can you expand the ram? and run msn messenger on its OS or do you need windows? how many usb ports.

like the look of that, could be handy for travelling!

Ive put 1gig of ram in mine and ive Nlited my xp disk which shaved a few hundred meg off the install.

Leaves me with about 1.8 gig left but ive also bought a 4gig SD card which i install all my apps on.

You can install Xp from a usb key which is what most do but for the life of me i couldnt get it to install....So in the end i bought a cheap £15 ext cd-rom drive which works perfectly.

Golf GTI 1.8T
^ Yep I read though the nlite way of installing and getting the OS right down to ~600mb.

I'm defo gonna get one but with rumors of the 2nd Gen for 2nd quarter of 2008 and I won't really need one till the end of the year so I'll wait a little while. Well tempted to get one now though!

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
got one of these just after xmas - fitted 1GB RAM and 8GB SD card and running Vista - looks the bomb!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Just to follow up im typing this on my new eee pc. (running linux of course)

I'm just about to install a new custom version of linux.. fit a touch screen, internal bluetooth , internal gps, internal 4 port usb hub, 2 gig ram and an 8 gig sdhc card and while at home it can hook straight into my 2.5 terrabyte mythtv pvr media file server.

While the eee is stripped I might get it custom painted ;)

Even in standard form I am absolutely loving it.

Clio 172 Ph1
Just to follow up im typing this on my new eee pc. (running linux of course)

I'm just about to install a new custom version of linux.. fit a touch screen, internal bluetooth , internal gps, internal 4 port usb hub, 2 gig ram and an 8 gig sdhc card and while at home it can hook straight into my 2.5 terrabyte mythtv pvr media file server.

While the eee is stripped I might get it custom painted ;)

Even in standard form I am absolutely loving it.

Ha, you love it.

I like the sound of it. How much do you reckon for the gadets you're adding?

Make sure you post once done. You could be onto something here. If its reletively trivial i'd be happy to give it a go myself.

Clio 172 Ph1
Been having a bit of a think about KDF's plans for their EEE PC. Dependent upon cost this could be awesome as a custom bit of ICE.

3G functionality would be handy. Particually if you were able to simply swap sim-cards. But potentially being able to connect to your phone via BT would be pretty quick and a worthwhile middle-ground.

A quick google shows loads of plans people have and tweaks / hacks that people have already made.

The only reservation I have is battery life, i'm sure that adding BT, 3G, GPS, Touchscreen as well as the additional memory and XP Pro will kill the battery life. Any anecdoctal evidence to support / disprove my theory?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Okay so far 8 Gig SHDC card is installed and 2 Gig Ram is in. Ive also just custom installation of eeeXubuntu and am in the process of rebuilding the kernel for optimisation.

The tricky stuff starts this w/end with the usb hub installation.. I'll take pics.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
My macbook owns this puny thing.

However its a nice little toy.