ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Effect of Alloys on Insurance

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
i was on the phone to an insurance company today getting a quote for the car im getting.

When i asked how getting 15" alloys and getting lowered 40mm, it added £1,000 to the quote! Cant afford that!!

Monaco Blue Mk2
Try Quinn Direct mate, get a quote off them, if it's a quote you are hapy with you can do any modification to the car as long as it doesn't increase performance. Or just shop around for someone better.

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
it was an endsleigh service that finds the cheapest (specifically for 12-40 yr olds) and zurich ended up being the cheapest, not after mods obviously!

the cheapest insurance i have found so far is from tesco, at £1095 or £92 a month. but they didnt know how much alloys and lowering would add, they said id have to ring when im wanting to do it. And was also advised it'd be cheaper to do in a few months after my 21st

Nike Lunar Elite's
easy p said:
it was an endsleigh service that finds the cheapest (specifically for 12-40 yr olds) and zurich ended up being the cheapest, not after mods obviously!

the cheapest insurance i have found so far is from tesco, at £1095 or £92 a month. but they didnt know how much alloys and lowering would add, they said id have to ring when im wanting to do it. And was also advised it'd be cheaper to do in a few months after my 21st

What are they going to insure a 12 year old for, push bike cover lol

go with QUINN DIRECT!!i phoned them up yesterday to declare my mods and it didnt cost me any extra!!im 17, and added 16" 172 alloys, and lowered my car 50mm!!:cool:

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
hydeyho said:
What are they going to insure a 12 year old for, push bike cover lol

lol i noticed that last night but it wouldnt let me edit it! i was tired! :sleepy:

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
bland said:
go with QUINN DIRECT!!i phoned them up yesterday to declare my mods and it didnt cost me any extra!!im 17, and added 16" 172 alloys, and lowered my car 50mm!!:cool:

Just seen this on their site:

Vehicle Requirements

• Registered in the Republic of Ireland or the United Kingdom in your own name
  • Valued at no more than €40,000 or £25,000
  • Not a convertible, soft top, sports utility vehicle, cabriolet or kit car
  • No modifications/adaptations to increase top speed, performance or acceleration
  • Not a car van or 2-seater jeep (this applies to Northern Ireland and UK residents only)

exactly, lowering a car and adding alloys doesnt really effect the speed or a the performance in a major way, well im insured with them and they said that its fine to put alloys on and lower it, they wernt bothered!!n it cost me £1100 ti insure my car, im 17, wiv 1.4, with declared alloys n lowered!!not 2 bad compared to most of the other u=insurers out there!!!good luck:D!!!

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
thats quality mate! have you got your parents on as named drivers to get it to that price?
i just called them(quinn, not your parents) but it was some miserable b**ch tellin me to ring back in half an hour!

easy p said:
thats quality mate! have you got your parents on as named drivers to get it to that price?
i just called them(quinn, not your parents) but it was some miserable b*tch tellin me to ring back in half an hour!

lol...no its just me,not my parents!! depends how old u r...coz i think they r 4 younger drivers!its probably easier to go on there website n fill out the forms coz it only takes like 5 mins! www.quinn-direct.com

to be exact it came to £1080.50!!

dont meen to complicate it, but u should try going on www.confused.com, as thats where i got my quote from!!:D

Monaco Blue Mk2
What are NU like for other mods? I've got a good quote from them. I need to declare, alloys, lowered 40mm, Induction kit, colour coded inc. skirts.

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
Got quated £1400 from Quinn. could hardly understand the operater, speaking at 100mph!

easy p said:
Got quated £1400 from Quinn. could hardly understand the operater, speaking at 100mph!

lol....:D i had that problem when queried my mods, couldnt understand a word he was sayin!!u guna go wiv them?

Blue4Ever said:
What are NU like for other mods? I've got a good quote from them. I need to declare, alloys, lowered 40mm, Induction kit, colour coded inc. skirts.

ive only got alloys and a bodykit. extra 35 quid. i think once you start doing stuff to the engine tho they will be very expensive. adrian flux is the best for modded cars i think. gonna switch to them when im 21

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
bland said:
lol....:D i had that problem when queried my mods, couldnt understand a word he was sayin!!u guna go wiv them?

probably not quinn! tesco cheapest so far, ive got 4 weeks so plenty of time to look about. still waiting for a call back from herts insurance.

im 20 looking to insure a 1.2 and my quote was 400 more than yours. that pisses me off!! lol :D

yeah, if you can get them to understand what you want!!! Took me 45 mins to get them to understand that i wanted a bodykit with no spoiler and wheels with locking bolts! why cant they have english people on the phones??? you only get english people when they want money off of you!!!