ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EFI-Parts open day & "RWYB" rolling road day

R5GTT, 2L turbo
Hi Guys,

I think the majority of you will not know who I am or what EFI-Parts is but at least some of you will know me or at least might know of my Renault related work.

For some years I've run EFI-Parts as a mail-order parts business providing standalone engine management, parts, etc. Along with that I did freelance engine mapping - largely Renaults but anything went. Everything from Tour-de-corse Turbo 2's and Alipine GTA's to F7/F4 turbo's and C1J 1397cc EFI conversions, I've mapped them all.

I decided to take a chance and open a small place of my own.

I've posted the following on a couple of Renault owners clubs. If you fancy the day out to checkout somewhere new, have a power run or just have a chat and brew with some other petrol heads (mostly renault-heads I expect!) then you are all welcome.

There will likely be some cars on show, be it just projects I'm working on or some more interesting things if I can tempt them along.

Cheers, Chris

----------------

EFI-Parts, Unit 16 Dewar court, Astmoor industrial estate, Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 1PT

Hi all,

I'm holding the first EFI-Parts open/RWYB dyno day on Sunday the 5th of Feb starting at 10am.
This post has gone out to a few select performance car clubs and circles so it's a chance for a day out to visit somewhere new and to talk cars with other serious enthusiasts.

Available on the day, in a first-come-first-served fashion will be 2WD power runs with basic diagnostics - IE boost and AFR plotting. The dyno is a modern SuperFlow AutoDyno capable of holding 600hp+ (1100hp theoretical). Both FWD and RWD are welcome. In keeping with a typical Club rolling road day the running will cost £30 per car and typically consist of 3 back to back power runs. Minor (read "fast!!") adjustments are allowed between runs and printouts provided at the end.

On request I can monitor for knock or charge temperate, etc, depending on how much free time exists on the day.

Especially low cars should bring the tools required to remove their front bumper to aid strapping. High powered FWD cars should remove the front bumper so that we can strap the car even tighter to avoid slip.

More information can be had from the website:
http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/northwest-rolling-road.php

Please feel free to distribute this post amongst other serious owners clubs and groups - Thankyou

Tea/Coffee/Biscuits available on the day, along with any parts that you may require normally found on our webshop. There will be some cash discounts on wideband kits, ECU's, sensors, water injection kits and other stock.

If you would like to register your interest in attending or if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to get in touch.

All the best, Chris.
EFI-Parts
chris@efi-parts.co.uk

----------------

R5GTT, 2L turbo
No 4wd I'm afraid, definately would not have been worth the investment these days !

2002 Clio 172 Cup
A few of us might be popping down :) How busy are you expected to be on the day?

Don't want to be waiting for ages :p

2002 Clio 172 Cup
Was a brilliant experience it was my first RR :)

Really nice to meet you Scoff I took a video of your R5... It sounds the dogs bollox :D

Here is mine on the day

Last edited by a moderator:
  R5GTT, 2L turbo
Thanks buddy, I'm glad it was a half decent day out. I didn't expect as many folk to turn up given the crap weather so it was great to see a good turnout.

That black R5 was not mine actually, but it looks very similar doesn't it. That's a customer of mine called Robbie from London, A-framed it all the way up last night for today. It runs an F7P 16v, big cams and a GT35R turbo at about 2bar. Still going through a J gearbox so he's doing well. I was wondering if anyone else has put 460hp through a J box ??

Anyway, thanks again, hopefully there can be a Clio only day at some point this year.

Chris :)

2002 Clio 172 Cup
Yeah the roads near you were a little scary coming in hehe

Yeah I wondered why it had the F7P engine in there as I read yours has the F4R engine. Couldn't believe the result of my car considering its completely standard and 10 years old!

My mate in the VRS was a little disappointing as his had stage 1 remap (rated at 220bhp) and a full powerflow exhaust including sport cat and uprated FMIC... only 25bhp increase from standard.

So if it is under-reading then mine might be higher as well :p Tbh it looks bang on for the results today. Good job

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Thanks for today, Chris! Always good to see some new faces! Made up with the increase in mine after having the timing corrected! I'm sure I can tempt some more Clios along to another one this year. Got the Big Chester Meet coming up in a few weeks so I'll see if we can get something arranged!

2002 Clio 172 Cup
Thanks for today, Chris! Always good to see some new faces! Made up with the increase in mine after having the timing corrected! I'm sure I can tempt some more Clios along to another one this year. Got the Big Chester Meet coming up in a few weeks so I'll see if we can get something arranged!

What did yours make with what mods? I only arrived when yours was running so didn't see :(

Abarth 500 Esseesse
It made 179.8hp and 155.6lb/ft with an rstuner map, jetex panel filter, decatted scorpion rs192.

Same mods in november when the timing was out it made 165.4hp and 152lb/ft

It made 179.8hp and 155.6lb/ft with an rstuner map, jetex panel filter, decatted scorpion rs192.

Same mods in november when the timing was out it made 165.4hp and 152lb/ft

Thats exactly what mine made at RSTuning, same mods bare the panel filter :D

Weather was a bit crap to go so far for us.

Abarth 500 Esseesse
We're going to get another one sorted out hopefully sometime after the big meet anyway, Jon :D

Il keep an eye out for the next one, ideally want to see what the standard SR is running - was going to try and get the E30 to this one but was too busy on that weekend.

R5GTT, 2L turbo
Hi guys,

Do you think there will be enough interest to do a Cliosport only day ?

We did a great little write up for PFC with the last one and perhaps they could be interested in covering a Cliosport day too.

Cheers, Chris

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Definitely, Chris!

I've spoken to Ash (v6clo) about getting one arranged. It'll get mentioned at the Big Chester Meet next month and if you look at how many names are on the list for it on the thread, I'm sure we can get enough together!

Where them pics hiding?

R5GTT, 2L turbo
Thanks for the email Tyler, hopefully we can get something ClioSport only organised soon :)

Some pictures from the day pinched from the photographers SD card before it goes off to PFC:

TYLER1.jpg
TYLER2.jpg
TYLER3.jpg
TYLER4.jpg
TYLER5.jpg
TYLER6.jpg
DANIEL_P1.jpg
DANIEL_P2.jpg
DANIEL_P3.jpg
JAMES_F1.jpg
TURBO_TED1.jpg
OUTSIDE1.jpg
ALEX_M1.jpg
INSIDE2.jpg
INSIDE3.jpg

HONDA1.jpg
HONDA2.jpg

Last edited:
  2002 Clio 172 Cup
I should of really made an effort to clean my car.....

Saying that I drove from Preston in the fog with snow and ice on the road.