ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eggy Smell & Emissions Light

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
My emissions light still likes to turn itself on now and then, this is the 3rd time since I bought the car in February. It's been off for a few weeks now but its come back on again tonight. It drives fine and have no issues other than the light, however a few hours after the light came on I was accelerating hard onto a motorway and I could smell a strong egg kind of smell :dead: Now I've had a search on here am I correct in thinking my CAT's probably on its way out or is it likely to be something else? My MOT is in May and I plan on decatting it after that anyway, but I'm worried it could be something serious?

Thanks,
Mark

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Sounds like the cat is on its way out mate, you'll notice a drop in power soon if you keep driving it and it collapses

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
For £40 you can get the power tested and you'll know for certain - Surrey Rolling Road is just to the east of you!

The cats on 182s do fail but its rare! i had a similar issue with the EML keep coming on and it turned out to be the plugs and HT leads on mine

Haven't seen the EML for around 3months now

Mk3 dci
As said above, cat is going/gone.. The smell is due to hydrogen sulphide, need to get it sorted soon because its a nasty chemical :dapprove:

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
So I could be either my plugs or cat? Im going to decat it this week and see how I go from there. Plus cost to change??