ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EGP application info

M

mini-valver

I will be applying by hand so what is the best way to apply it? Single layer? thick or thin and wait? Several thin layers and wait then wax?
Back and forth, circular motion? Using Microfibre?
Any help appreciated as its my first go with this!
Dave

106 GTi
Foam hand pad, apply as thinly (when I say thin I mean thin lol )as possible to the whole car, back and forth. Allow to cure for 45-60 mins plus and remove with a microfiber. For best results reapeat gain 12 -24 hours later with an additional coat.

M

mini-valver

Cheers Guys! SO if i put wash,dry polish and then apply this tommorrow night, leave it untilmorning coat aagain and wax itll be all gravy? What if it rains? Is it ok to just dry, quick detail, apply again then wax?

106 GTi
If it rains on it you should really rewash to be on the safe side.

I used to QD my old light blue car after leaving it overnight, if the 182 was not garged I dont think I would risk it on black.

M

mini-valver

Rewash then reapply straight onto the paint on would i have to SRP it agian? Ideally i should seal it, wait an hour then wax to be sure it doenst get rained on?!?
thanks for the help, Need to be ready for Star city! lol

106 GTi
After washing you can do another coat of EGP without SRP yes.

Looking at the forecast I have given up on bringing mine!

M

mini-valver

Ad, ive barely time to do mine else i would! If you want it doing one weekend ill be more than happy too though. Find those damn handles ;)
Cheers Rich, i think you may be right but it need a wash anyway so thoug a quick polish seal an wax will make her shine even if it does decide to absolutely piss down!