ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Pros and std rubber spring seat

Renaultsport Clio 172
On my 2004 172 i have a set of Eibach Pro springs. They were already fitted to the car when I bought it. The rears appear to be sitting directly on the trailing arm. Shouldnt there be a rubber seat there? I havent noticed whether there are rubber seats at the top of these springs.

Dci 100
I'm not sure exactly, i think they are there partly to dampen some virbration and to help the springs remain seated in place...renault wouldnt put them on the car unless they were needed so i'd see if you can get hold of some.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Vibration and noise transmission but also friction damage to the chassis and spring encouraging corrosion id imagine.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
just go down the scrappy with iirc two 17mm spanners to undo the shocker nuts in the boot, then watch the rear beam fall, followed by the springs, then just pic off the rubber seats. Job done+ loads of dollers saved ;)

Renaultsport Clio 172
I remember the hassle involved in taking the top nut off when I last changed the rear shocks on my last 172. No matter how well the spanner fitted the 2 flats on the rod, it just wouldnt hold. So is this the same routine to fit the seats in mine? Or would it be easier to remove the lower bolt? I seem to remember reading somwhere to only do one side at a time due to the beams design.

Dci 100
stick the car on axel stands, then put the jack under the rear beam and you can undo the lower bolts on each side and then lower the beam using the jack, that way it doesnt put any extra stress on the bolts.