ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Sportline Weirdness

E92 M3, BG 182
Hi All,

I've got a full fat 182 (both cup packs). Last weekend I changed the front springs to Eibach Sportlines and fitted k-tec solid top mounts, leaving the standard ff 182 rear springs alone. I've been driving the car like this all week and it has felt great - much much better at the front.

Last night I fitted the rear Eibach Sportline springs and today everything has gone to pot. The car now feels what I can only describe as loose and vague at the rear, almost wobbly.

What at the spring ratings on the Eibach springs compared to the standard ff 182 both cup pack springs? I'm tempted to put the standard springs back and forget about the 30mm lowering as it feels so s**t now compared to before.

Any clues as to what might be causing this? Any suggestions to some other springs/coilovers I could use to lower the car 30mm at the rear and use in conjunction with the Eibach Sportlines at the front?
Thanks,
Dave.

E92 M3, BG 182
Yeah tightened up well. It feels like its crabbing from the left rear - as if the toe has been upset. I'm having a lok this morning and probably putting the standard spring back on.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Strange. I'm on my 2nd set of Sportlines all-round - the previous ones fitted around 6 years ago. I've had every confidence in the rear with them on.
As you say that there is such a difference between those and the stock items, I'd say something is amiss.

A tip off one of my rear Sportlines originally broke off in a few weeks of fitting. Got a full replacement swapped out - but again, the issue was subtle. Not the stark contrast that you're saying.

Your going from a fixed rate spring that has been specifically matched to a damper and used on the Trophy
To a progressive spring designed for LOOKS that will fit any mark 2 Clio.
Eibounch not eibach

E92 M3, BG 182
Refitted them this morning and they are fine now (don't think I seated them properly). I say fine - still not sure about the ride - they do feel a bit soft compared to standard. Hmm - might have to look at alternatives that lower the car about the same (30mm)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I didn't buy the sportlines for the lowering side, it was more for better performance in the corners.

I found them to be much better than standard cup springs

E92 M3, BG 182
After a day with the Eibachs on Saturday it was clear there was still something wrong - still felt loose at the back. I put the standard cup springs back on this morning and the car feels and drives perfect again. Now wondering if there is something wrong with the Eibachs.

After a day with the Eibachs on Saturday it was clear there was still something wrong - still felt loose at the back. I put the standard cup springs back on this morning and the car feels and drives perfect again. Now wondering if there is something wrong with the Eibachs.
google eibach bouncy