ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Sportlines, quick question...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm aware that there are two different sets of sportlines for the mk2 clio, those for the 1.2 and those for EVERY other model.

Now my question is, is weight the only deciding factor here are or are there any fittiments which are different on the 1.2 compared to any of the other clios?

If not is there really that much weight difference between a 1.2 engine and a 1.4?

Because if not then would fitting the springs designed for the 1.4/1.6/2.0 to a 1.2 really result in less or no drop than to the other models?

Or would the difference be very minor??

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
also interested in the answer to this!

i know k tec sell serprate version for 1. 2 and then 1.4, 1.6 etc but not sure whether thats to do with fitment or weight. If we dont get an answer ill give them a bell tomorrow and see what they say.

Da

Less
The difference is the spring rate. It's decided by the weight of the car as I understand it.
The risk is that if you fit the 1.4> springs to a 1.2 it will look no lower as the weight wont be great enough.

I doubt VERY much a company (Eibach) would go to the added expense of designing two types of spring for the same car if there wasn't a very good reason for it.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers Da, i thought this would be the case, and i agree about what you said about eibach but the thing that confuses me is this...

Would the weight difference not be much greater between a 1.4 and 2.0 compared to a 1.2 and 1.4? If this is the case how can a spring be suitable for all of the models except the 1.2?

Would a 1.4 see less of a drop than the 1.6 with that spring then? I know the 2.0's are lower anyways, so would they see barley any drop at all?

I want to test my theory, but its an expensive one to test!

Clio II 1.4 16v
Cheers Da, i thought this would be the case, and i agree about what you said about eibach but the thing that confuses me is this...

Would the weight difference not be much greater between a 1.4 and 2.0 compared to a 1.2 and 1.4? If this is the case how can a spring be suitable for all of the models except the 1.2?

Would a 1.4 see less of a drop than the 1.6 with that spring then? I know the 2.0's are lower anyways, so would they see barley any drop at all?

I want to test my theory, but its an expensive one to test!

I'm posting from GMT +7:00 (see my location). Yep, it was $200 expensive to test. I drive a 1.4 16v Clio 2 ph2.

I bought H&R springs for Clio 1.2, expecting it to be the same, with just front springs adjusted for weight compared the the springs for all other Clios. BUT I WAS WRONG!!

The front springs has DIFFERENT size from the original rubber seating of the front shocks. It's just smaller size for the 1.2. The rear springs sits fine, but appears -taller- a good 20mm than original. G'luck!