ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eibach sportlines

BG182FF
hey peeps, been searching around prices to get some fitted to my 182 and most garages around here are looking for £140, is that expensive or am i being tight lol, thankssss

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I paid a garage £90 to fit a set of sportlines and replace my rear shocks, so that seems a bit expensive to me.

BG182FF
ive asked most garages around here and none seem to be less than 100, but think some say it includes tracking as its needed when fitting springs???

WANTED Arctic 182
Are the springs brand new?

Tracking wouldn't be worth it at first because they would need time to settle anyway.

£100 tops to fit

Iceberg 172
Mine's booked in tomorrow for some Prolines for the cost of an hour's labour......

As above, in an ideal world you would get the tracking done, let it settle then go back for adjustment.

Stagecoach Ticket
mate anything over £25 a corner is robbing you blind!!! imo
the job itself takes under an hour
Adjustment as above is pointless as the springs move and bed in
Tracking should be done on them at some point though proberly 2 weeks after

You could proberly get it done by a small garage for £50 cash
or if you have any freinds with mechanical know how its not overly hard to do dnt even need a spring compressor if u got balls and a adjustable spanner

Max i would ever pay for a decent sized garage to do it if i was in your position would be £100
alot of places will over quote due to the fact they dnt want to do it
some spring kits are nasty, maybe mention that its an eibach kit

Iceberg 172
Proper 4-wheel alignment at a reputable place using the proper Hunter equipment should cost around £70-£100 on top of that. That's for assessment and any adjustment required.

Krap-Fit will do it for less but badly - not worth it IMO.

BG182FF
well i will shop about. found a garage (bush tyres) that will fit it for 2 hours labour they reckon, just thought i needed tracking. dont mind paying two hours labour if i dont need it tracking really until few weeks/month down the line

Lionel Richie
^correct

i charge £45+vat to fit 4 springs to a 172/182 its an hours job including a few fag breaks and going for lunch

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i wouldn't bother, you'll probably get your head stuck in the spring or something and then post 600 threads on how to remove it.

Nissan 370Z
Good good, ill try it.
Ill go and wd 40 the front up now.

So rears just literally remove the bolts on the bottom and the springs come out, fit the others and slowly tighten into place.

fronts, under the bolts, jack up, take off spring by pulling it backwards, then put on new spring, tighten

Clio 172 RS2
^correct

i charge £45+vat to fit 4 springs to a 172/182 its an hours job including a few fag breaks and going for lunch

Hi Fred,

I read @ another topic your record is under 30-minutes?

So i reckon the hour is with the fag breaks... and bacon rolls. :D

BG182FF
ooo i thought you needed a compressor, might be cheaper then at the garage if its easier :) i dont trust myself doing it lol

Lionel Richie
Hi Fred,

I read @ another topic your record is under 30-minutes?

So i reckon the hour is with the fag breaks... and bacon rolls. :D

my record is currently 22min wheels on ground to wheels on ground (but that's going flat out which i rarely do!)

discounting wheels bolts (only have to remove the front wheels) to do the suspension its 2 bolts at the rear, 18mm socket and 4 bolts at the front and 2 top caps, all 21mm socket, then you have 2 17mm nuts holding the top mounts onto the shocks

i charge an hour regardless, which IMO is still cheap!

if a garage quotes more than an hour go elsewhere IMO, it seriously is no longer than that for a pro, hell even an amateur who is completley retarded with all things mechanical and blind could do it less than 2hrs!

BG182FF
surely bush tyres can be no more than hour and half lol, will stand and wait watching :) if only you were closer fred!!! nearly four hours from me :(