ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach springs

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
had them on the 172 when i 1st got it took them off pretty much straight away and "upgraded" to coilovers

but anyway thinking about getting some for the new 172 , any one got any pics of there car on them?

i want low but cba with coilovers

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
r they crap russ?? lol my bad buddy..

p.s every1 loves my lights trying 2 get sum1 2 part with sum cash 4 the last set..

Eibachs are not crap at all, they just dont look like its been lowered with them fitted.

I can get some more lights if needed, ive sold that last set.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i dont want low low just a bit lower, i loved how my 1.2 sat on the apex and they were 60 are 172s not 20 lower than 1.2s anyway?

supposedly but Eibachs will only take you down 15mm or so, they are more for handling than for looks.

Apex do a 40mm kit for yours.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Eibach do two sets.

Sportline and Proline.
You want sportlines.

Avoid Apex they are s**t.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yup, they are cheap lowering springs. You get what you pay for.

Mk4 .:R32
would lowering a 172 about 40mm on 17'' wheels be a bit silly? I was thinkin about lowering mine a bit more, currently lowered 25 at the front and 15 at the rear but not sure if the wheels would rub?

Elise S1 B&C 140
The sportlines i have found state they lower it 45-50mm at the front and 30mm at the back;

a.) is this correct?
b.) Why would you not lower it the same all round?

Looking to order some this week but so many options out there, want it to sit low ish maintain reasonable ride quality and handle like a go-cart. Whats best

ST
Sportlines are the best of the two.

My old 182..

DSC00781.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

Picture100.jpg

Picture023-1.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Elise S1 B&C 140
So found sportlines for £133 delivered will i need dampers, i know it would probably be for the best to uprate them but do i actually need to. Ive read that anything lower than 40mm and you should uprate the shocks is this true? The sportlines state they lower between 45-50mm at the front?

Cheers,

Burgandy 174 sport t
So found sportlines for £133 delivered will i need dampers, i know it would probably be for the best to uprate them but do i actually need to. Ive read that anything lower than 40mm and you should uprate the shocks is this true? The sportlines state they lower between 45-50mm at the front?

Cheers,

Just the springs will be fine as they dont lower as much or anywhere near as much as they say

Elise S1 B&C 140
Looking good Deb, just phoned to order mine and they told me not to go with sportlines cos you wreck the handling and its not good for the dampers?? He said i should go with the Pro-kit. Have you had any probs with yours deb.

he also said that as my car has done 37000 miles i will have to replace the shocks - is he talking B*lloks really want to lower it this weekend but could do with a definitive answer on which of the two kits to go with

cheers

LY V6 with Recaros
I've not had any problems with mine, and I've never heard of any problems from anyone else who have them either, and there seems to be alot of people who have them.

Da

Less
Where have you found them at that price mate? Cheapest i can find is £133 plus £9 delivery.

Elise S1 B&C 140
http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk - on here matee £133 with free delivery

the bloke who runs the place reckons to get the Pro's though not sure what to do now but i think enough people on here have had a good experience with them.

anyone used em on the track - whats the handling like on track?

Da

Less
Cheers for the link.
The Pro's are firmer give less of a drop where as the Sport's give a bigger drop and aren't so firm.

Personally I've never heard a bad word about either set mate.