ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eicher track discs???

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone used the Eicher brake discs on track from Euros
They look very similar to the brembos that Kam sell

I normally use Brembo HC with RC6 pads but seen these wonder if they are worth a try

D253F4F5-4127-4DDD-8226-DCB9F5DD1CCD.jpeg

188ABAF2-9CAE-4B05-99C2-C997B9CFEBAE.jpeg

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I've used them on the road and found them fine. The same goes for Nappa and Apec. All ok for general road use.

I'm not sure I'd try them for circuit use as the odd emergency stop is one thing, but you're looking for a disc to perform similar simulations over and over again.

Personally, I wouldn't scrimp on brakes. Just stick with what you know works. My two pence worth.

But if you do get a set, report back here and let us know how you get on. What could possibly go wrong :ROFLMAO:

Mini Cooper S R53
Big believer you get what you pay for. They both just look like steel discs but as @JamesBryan mentions, it is not completely clear about its material properties including carbon content, which could make quite a big difference with heat expansion on a repetitive basis.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Bet they're fine on the road, but after getting hot on track they'll probably warp.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I tried running a similarly cheap set of front discs on my Cayman, £40 each side versus the £80 or so the Sebro OEM ones cost.

The cheap ones looked identical, weighed almost the same, but after a month of road driving and a few heat cycles I was getting a serious judder through the wheel when braking. Warped, I had more than 1mm run-out on one side.

Fine for Doris and Geoff to drive to the golf club for lunch once a fortnight, but no good if they're to be used in anger.

406 V6, Race Buggy
I tried running a similarly cheap set of front discs on my Cayman, £40 each side versus the £80 or so the Sebro OEM ones cost.

The cheap ones looked identical, weighed almost the same, but after a month of road driving and a few heat cycles I was getting a serious judder through the wheel when braking. Warped, I had more than 1mm run-out on one side.

Fine for Doris and Geoff to drive to the golf club for lunch once a fortnight, but no good if they're to be used in anger.

Ironically I had this with the last set of drilled Brembo's I had, you could see how s**t the casting shifts were though, ended up slapping some cheap discs on, been fine since. Brembo's certainly aren't what they used to be, they're even subbed out to other foundaries these days.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Ironically I had this with the last set of drilled Brembo's I had, you could see how s**t the casting shifts were though, ended up slapping some cheap discs on, been fine since. Brembo's certainly aren't what they used to be, they're even subbed out to other foundaries these days.
Were they Brembos from Euro Car Parts by any chance?

406 V6, Race Buggy
Were they Brembos from Euro Car Parts by any chance?

Probably, I didn't buy 'em but I suspect so (fwiw, in case others don't know, ECP quite often licence the rights to use names such as brembo on their own sourced discs and pads. Which is why brembo pads from ECP are so cheap. And s**t.)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Probably, I didn't buy 'em but I suspect so (fwiw, in case others don't know, ECP quite often licence the rights to use names such as brembo on their own sourced discs and pads. Which is why brembo pads from ECP are so cheap. And s**t.)
I’ve said for a very long time that the quality is simply no where near the more expensive Brembo that you buy from a reputable retailer. Just have to look at the colour of the brake dust that comes off them to see this.

A dangerous game to play I fear as the good reputation Brembo has could easily be tarnished.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
That's fu*king ridiculous that Brembo are allowing ECP to sell shite and slap their name on it like it's an identical product.

Is anyone else doing this shite?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Also, I think Euro approach Brembo to make a cheaper line of products, rather than licensing the name to have stuff made else where.

So Brembo will just use less quality materials to reflect the price.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
They genuinely brand ECP sh*t as Brembo?

That's explains why I went through half a brand new set of front pads in just 11 mins at Goodwood I guess.

B*stards.

No they have a cheaper line made for them by Brembo.

People often think they're getting the performance line of the usual Brembo stuff when it's not.

406 V6, Race Buggy
False advertising surely?

It's very common with them for other components too. You're getting what you paid for, they never state any different.

Both their cheaper pagid and eicher offerings were made by the factory in Scotland up until a few years ago (often the exact same parts in different boxes) that's why the 'premium' versions of eicher and pagid were coated and looked far better made (ground finish instead of lathe turned, etc) versus the cheaper budget versions.

You'd be amazed how many companies ECP have either bought out or bought the exclusive UK rights for using the branding for. I use them a lot but I'm also wary with some stuff.