ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EK's

img3335x.jpg

img3346n.jpg

img3350p.jpg

img3354i.jpg

img3361m.jpg

img3375g.jpg

img3376.jpg

img3377k.jpg

img3380g.jpg

img3387vl.jpg

img3388mk.jpg

img3393x.jpg

img3403g.jpg

img3415y.jpg

img3430b.jpg

img3502u.jpg

img3527x.jpg

img3562c.jpg

img3611f.jpg

DSC_4035.jpg

DSC_4022.jpg

DSC_4020.jpg

DSC_4017.jpg

DSC_4016.jpg

DSC_4014.jpg

DSC_4013.jpg

DSC_4011.jpg

DSC_4010.jpg

DSC_4008.jpg

DSC_4007.jpg

DSC_4006.jpg

DSC_4005.jpg

DSC_4003.jpg

DSC_4002.jpg

DSC_3998.jpg

Charged Superleggera
some lovely examples here. Love the backyard special front bumpers. shame they cost about 1k.

If everything falls into place with the sale of my 182 and the tidy EK9 I've seen for sale I will be in one before the month is out.

Would be a bad move for me tbh fella. I'd sink minimum 10k into it if I started down the road of K swap, seam welding and JDM bling. At least if I pick up an EK9 I wont have the urge to spend money I don't have the second I collect it.

Black Clio GT
some of those are sexual, some are questionable but each to there own and all that........

i WILL own an ek9 one day!!

Z4
Oh dear, these have fallen into the CS bumming car list along with the Dc5, r32, m3 etc!

Looks wise, they're nothing special? Typical little tin jap cans, they do have some road presence in white though it has to be said.
I bet most the people in this thread bumming them hasn't even driven one! I haven't either yet, so can't judge them too hard as that's what they're all about. Low torque, good top end power, could be fun, could be awful...!

Awesome.

Dude across the road from me got an EK while i was away. Really coming along nicely. It's going to turn into something awesome. Lovely to watch a car transform over time into something awesome.

Oh dear, these have fallen into the CS bumming car list along with the Dc5, r32, m3 etc!

Looks wise, they're nothing special? Typical little tin jap cans, they do have some road presence in white though it has to be said.
I bet most the people in this thread bumming them hasn't even driven one! I haven't either yet, so can't judge them too hard as that's what they're all about. Low torque, good top end power, could be fun, could be awful...!

There are some amazing ones in Cali with brilliantly executed and chosen mods.

As for the drive again it's personal choice but having driven one I loved it. LSD, double wishbone suspension, seam welded shell etc.

Phase 1 172
i had a vti-s a few years back with the ek9 type r cams, inlet, injectors etc. so it went pretty much as the ek9 and i have to be honest, when it came into vtec it was an animal, i will be honest.... much quickker thank my current 172, only problem was the car was a bit of a sh**er!!
in immaculate condition these cars are beautiful and as for the honda engine 185bhp out of a 1.6 in the ek9.... mighty impressive.

Photo0106.jpg
Photo0099.jpg
Photo0097.jpg
Photo0095.jpg

some of my old junk :)

Love EKs, exactly what I'd be driving if anything ever happened to the 200/the insurance got too expensive. Probably a coupe though.

Iceberg 172
I can't say one of those EK's does it for me... I'll find some pics of my sorta EK.

Can only be an EK9... no matter what you're running in your granny spec EK, it's just not a Type R is it!!!

RS2'd Trophy
ooh and some interior shots Ek9'd all round yo ;)
DSC02590.jpg

DSC02591.jpg

10K! Nicest cluster ever though!
DSC02592.jpg

I have a full project thread for it if anyone wants to see it?

james

Iceberg 172
Granny spec? Some EK4 VTIs would surprise you in your 172!

Some would kill me... This just makes no difference imo.

Some of my mates are well into their Honda's... I appreciate them and love the Type R's... just not anything else for me though.

Charged Superleggera
Nice coupe man. What happened to the kevlar splitter on the backyard special bumper or was it a replica bumper?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Some lovely cars and some shitters.I cant get used to some of the broken suspension stances coming out now.in the whole though some real nice efforts

I just wonder how drivable some of these cars would be on our roads.Its a far cry from calafornia...

Disastra Coupe
Couple of my mates...

Bobble's old EK:

modified_honda_civic-EK01.jpg

modified_honda_civic-EK02.jpg

modified_honda_civic-EK04.jpg

GA10.jpg

Nick's Coupe, perhaps not to some's taste but he's owned this car longer than i've been driving and it's pretty epic some of the mod's:

show2.jpg

GA9.jpg

Seen a nice EK9 (Possibily) the other day in Bristol.

Was blue, with all the EK9 body kit and even 5 stud hubs. Car check shown as a 1600, so it could be a VTi or EK9.

Had 2 lovely looking bride seats in red, fully stripped out and a cage. Was p**n.