ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elder Scrolls Online

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
One of the best cinematic trailers I've seen:

Next Gen/PC next Spring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
There was a thread at the beginning of the year, haven't heard too much about it since.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I think it's been in testing a while, they not load testing this weekend ? But yeah got my code, accounts made and client downloaded :)

Nissan 350z
It's getting quite a slating on online communities. For example:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743992

Quotes like:
"Yep I had a buddy who is a die hard fan of the series who was drooling over the prospect of the MMO. They gave him a weekend beta invite he played 5 minutes and said never again."
"Crazy. No wonder it's subscription based. The time I put into it during the beta was probably some of the most unpleasant time I've ever spent playing video games"

Be interesting to see what you guys think about it after putting some time into it.

Last edited:
  Bumder With A Buffer
Anyone know what time uk this is??

Its 6pm EST time which is about 4-5 hours behind us I think???

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Initial impressions are good, wouldn't quite say the combat system is as polished as neverwinters yet, but it's getting there.

Graphics for an MMO are something to take in, plays smooth, character progression looks solid and you get rewarded for exploring.

will be a nightmare for people who have "must loot everything OCD" though, there's a lot of chest barrels and crates you can get your hands into.

Nissan 350z
Some Russian guy is streaming it if anyone is interested:
http://goodgame.ru/channel/Pu3Ho/

The terrain/landscapes all look very low in quality compared with Skyrim! The maps also seem designed like corridors, I haven't seen any large open spaces yet.

Last edited:
  LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Just filled in the survey for this, my god it takes about 40 minutes ! Rated the combat as poor, feels very disconnected. Also mentioned the lack of navigation aids and tutorial for the systems they have in place (Such as crafting, it's not straight forward to learn)

Nissan 350z
It won the "game most likely to flop" award. That kinda speaks for itself:
http://i.massively.joystiq.com/2013/12/19/massivelys-best-of-2013-awards/

Some fallout here if you can be bothered reading it all.
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/view/forums/thread/401781/page/1
http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscroll...ssively_voted_eso_the_most_likely_to_flop_in/

The latest unveil of the pricing model has also kicked up more of a storm. £50 for a boxed copy, and then £9pm. Oh but if you want to play as the Imperial race then you need to buy the Collectors Edition for £70 instead.
http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscroll...el_that_putting_pay_gates_between_the_player/

Evo 5 RS
Was speaking to colleagues today about this. Said it looked terrible...

As they sat there saying "Nah it looks amaaaaazing!!" Watching the cheesy cinematic they've just released lol.

Yaris Hybrid
Had a go on it this weekend. I was right up for sticking the boot in but found myself loving it and addicted. Total shocker for me as I was expecting it to be crap after what I'd read.

Gonna stop playing now as I don't want to go too far into a beta as I'd have to repeat it all when I get the full version.

I really love the graphics, really realistic instead of the usual cartoony sh*t you get in a lot of MMO's.

It's a bit pricey but I loved what I saw so much that I'd consider buying the Imperial version. My starting zone was near the beach with the ships and it was so atmospheric running around the coast at night in a storm.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Can't believe we have to wait until the summer to play this on PS4!

Yaris Hybrid
Well as I say I read the negative reports and being a WoW fanboy I went into the beta for the first time this weekend and was prepared to really tear it to pieces.

I just sold my 3DS to my bro and pre-ordered the Imperial edition. That gives you some idea of the impact it had on me.

I have literally had to tear myself away from it tonight as I was playing it non stop and I don't want to ruin it for the proper release.

I cannot wait.

Nissan 350z
Dedication! Have you watched some of the youtube reviews?

Last edited by a moderator:
  Yaris Hybrid
It appears that most people talking negatively about the beta are those that missed the memo stating that this game was going to be an MMORPG.

They were all expecting a massively multi-player Skyrim and it was never going to be that. The tech isn't there for a start. It has been suggested that the most you could get whilst still allowing it to run on consoles would be something akin to Borderlands 2's multiplayer mode.

As far as MMORPG's go, I've played all the major ones and I'd say that this game compares favourably. It suffers exactly the same failings versus a single player game like Skyrim that all MMORPG's suffer from.

Unfortunately a lot of the traditional World of Warcraft type audience also have major difficulties with handling the control scheme as we found out with Tera.

This puts the game in a difficult position. The people dumb enough to expect Skyrim online are going to complain and the people who like traditional MMORPG's where your character auto dodges and auto aims are also going to complain. The question is how many people are in the middle.

As for Angry Joe, I'm a big fan of his but he totally over rated GW2. There was a lot of stuff wrong with that game that he didn't mention in his review and the fact that it never lived up to its "WoW Killer" hype says a lot. 7.8million WoW subscribers and a rumoured 1.8 Million FFXIV subscribers are happily handing over subs every month instead of playing it where a couple of years back everyone said it will kill off sub based MMO's.

The Skyrim fans might b*tch about "no one will pay a sub in this day and age of free to play games" but the reality says something else.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I really hope I like it. I LOVED skyrim but I've never played WoW or anything like that before.

Fiesta ST
I'm only low level but I'm finding the combat not to my liking nor the limited 5 skills bar (ten if weapon swap). But it looks nice and the quests are good. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Can someone explain the multiplayer side of things to me? Do you and your friends just roam around doing quests together? Can you bump into other players on your journey?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It appears that most people talking negatively about the beta are those that missed the memo stating that this game was going to be an MMORPG.

They were all expecting a massively multi-player Skyrim and it was never going to be that. The tech isn't there for a start. It has been suggested that the most you could get whilst still allowing it to run on consoles would be something akin to Borderlands 2's multiplayer mode.

As far as MMORPG's go, I've played all the major ones and I'd say that this game compares favourably. It suffers exactly the same failings versus a single player game like Skyrim that all MMORPG's suffer from.

Unfortunately a lot of the traditional World of Warcraft type audience also have major difficulties with handling the control scheme as we found out with Tera.

This puts the game in a difficult position. The people dumb enough to expect Skyrim online are going to complain and the people who like traditional MMORPG's where your character auto dodges and auto aims are also going to complain. The question is how many people are in the middle.

As for Angry Joe, I'm a big fan of his but he totally over rated GW2. There was a lot of stuff wrong with that game that he didn't mention in his review and the fact that it never lived up to its "WoW Killer" hype says a lot. 7.8million WoW subscribers and a rumoured 1.8 Million FFXIV subscribers are happily handing over subs every month instead of playing it where a couple of years back everyone said it will kill off sub based MMO's.

The Skyrim fans might b*tch about "no one will pay a sub in this day and age of free to play games" but the reality says something else.

I'm only low level but I'm finding the combat not to my liking nor the limited 5 skills bar (ten if weapon swap). But it looks nice and the quests are good. Maybe it'll grow on me.

I doubt I'd ever really go for a subscription based game, but I'd like to hear that this is doing well. My biggest 'wish' that they would address from Skyrim, is with the character development. I'd like to create a character that had a dedicated skill-set - something which I could develop and pursue and make him/her the best that they could be in that field. What I wouldn't like (a la Skyrim) is to find that within 10 hours, my seemingly focused orc barbarian who is nothing more than a meat-head and bashes things - has slowly developed skills in magic, crafting, pick-locking, stealth, archery and creating fireballs - without any direct involvement from myself.

Picking said orc barbarian - I should have a progress tree that started with clubs, then maces, swords, duel-wielding abilities, shields, armour, stun ability, thick skin, poison resistances, etc. As part of an MMO, you would want to be 'recruited' on the fact that your character could steam ahead and dish out damage, or hold back and absorb attacks while protecting your weaker, ranged party members. Having four or five players, apart from looking physically different, who have all got similar skills within several hours (again, like Skyrim) - just makes the idea of the MMO a little pointless.

Will be interesting to see how this game develops :)

D.

FF 182
So anyone buy it? I did and i'm absolutely loving it! First mmo for me and i just can't get over the sheer size of it. Graphics are gorgeous, game play is brilliant and grouping up with others to do quests, bosses and dungeons are f**king epic!

So anyone buy it? I did and i'm absolutely loving it! First mmo for me and i just can't get over the sheer size of it. Graphics are gorgeous, game play is brilliant and grouping up with others to do quests, bosses and dungeons are f**king epic!

I was put off by the amount of bad press it seemed to be getting, but I didnt really look into it.

Is there a monthly sub fee? Does it feel like skyrim to play?

FF 182
Most definitely feels like Skyrim, i'm blown away with it and can't stop playing it. I've put in a fair few hours and i've just moved onto the second world. Haven't even entered Cyrodiil yet which is the pvp area.

When you buy it you get 30 days iirc, then you start paying a sub if you wish. Think i paid for 3 months to start with, but i feel i will continue on paying a sub.

Without a doubt it is my favourite game ever.