ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric Sunroof leaking! Help

1.6 16v
Hi, I have searched the forums and only found things about the manual sunroofs.

I have a electric one on that slides over roof when open and the thing is letting water in.

Its a 2004 model

Any ideas how to solve this problem myself?

Cheers Steve.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Whereabouts is it leaking Steve? Never had any problems with mine, but I think that are drainage holes which might need clearing? I had a leak coming in through the arial, but I think it's at the back on the ph2/3 so I guess it's not that.

blutack.jpg

1.6 16v
Whereabouts is it leaking Steve? Never had any problems with mine, but I think that are drainage holes which might need clearing? I had a leak coming in through the arial, but I think it's at the back on the ph2/3 so I guess it's not that.

Hi Ian,

I have checked the drainage holes and they are fine, water flows down them fine.

Its coming in somehow, the roof liner is getting wet under the sun visor and running down the front piller. This is on both sides and i even had a wet seat this morning!

Arial at the back, checked the roof liner at the back and not wet.

How do i get the electric roof off so i could try re sealing the roof, like the non electric roofs have done?

Cheers

Steve

Megane dci 130
It will be the main foam seal around the frame. Its a common problem. The seal is around 65pound. If you peel the seal back inside the car and pull the headlining down you will see about 15 10mm bolts. Undo all of them, disconect the drains and lift away from the top.

Hope this helps.

Skoda Fabia vRS
as above, it will be the seal under the frame, NOT the one the glass sits on

the frame only needs to lift up from the roof panel by 1mm and it gets in, run a really fine bead of silicone sealer around the outer edge of the frame, leak fixed !

1.6 16v
Ok, so i dont need to remove the glass from the roof then? i can lift the frame up without moving the sunroof glass, seal with silicone and hopefully ok??

cheers steve.

Skoda Fabia vRS
you need to drop the headlining down and undo a million nuts lol, then it will lift up

if your not that bothered and you can be neat with it, put a TINY bead of silicone around the frame, where it meets the roof, forget about the glass seal as it isnt that