ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

electric windows, phase 2 16v

my passenger side window wont go down any more, the switch still clicks but the window does not move, so i have 2 drive round with it up all the time,
ive checked the fuses and its not them, does this have any thing 2 do with the switch on the drivers side for the passenger window (as i think they are part of the same circuit) which has never worked,

pheww !!!
any ideas? what do i do when i take the tray off?
Cheers

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

I have the same problem on my RT. I changed the switch and it worked ok, but occasionally it wont go down, only up!

My mums 98 RT is opposite sometimes wont go up!

Both on passenger side only!

Bizzare!!

BMW 320d Sport

Try taking the switches out and cleaning up the contacts with a wire brush, they may be rusty from when water comes in the window.

I have replaced my switches, both the passenger 1 and the one on the drivers side 4 the passengers,they are now fine, and they were only a fiver each
from Leigh,

Cheers guys !!

I have been having the same problem on my 172 mk2. It works about 50% of the time now. When you start the car, it might work, it might not! If it packed in altogether then I would take it to Renault (but Im trying to avoid that!)
It seems like a loose connection somewhere near the motor. It is not the switches as they either both work or dont. Any other 172s with this problem?

cat171 where did you get your switches from for a fiver - surely not a main dealer?

have had this problem for about 8 months now - seemed to arrive just after i fixed the sunroof leak - so the theory about them corroding due to water from the window / roof seems about right

Cheers

Malloy

malloy,

as i posted earlier i got them from leigh, he may still have some, hes got a post with bits for sale 16v & williams.

i hope this helps mate.