ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical fault help... *diagnostics done*

Ibiza FR
Basically had the common electric fault on my 1.2 16v clio and just running through the possible solutions as me and my uncle are trying to track down the cause as he owns a garage :).

ran diagnostics today cleared 5 codes, started engine and 1 came back. Uncle said MAP sensor (pressure was showing double what it should be) was playing up so I tested another one out on my car which didn't change a thing.

Car has also had new plugs, coil pack, throttle pedal, anti-tamper box has been removed from ECU wires/connections. These are things both of us have read as common things to go wrong and had to hand.

Going back to do a vacuum test (? something like that?!) tomorrow, but anything we should be looking out for - more common issues etc. that wouldn't show up on fault reader?

EG i have suggested cleaning out throttle body.

Cheers in advance for any help
Mitch

Volvo S60 T5
fit a new engine wiring loom, £130 odd +vat for the part, more than likely be that at fault, especially if its the old style loom (encased in rubber)

Ibiza FR
checked the pressure manually and as thought, MAP sensor was showing double the actual reading. New map sensor is coming in tomorrow just to see what the computer shows up vs actual reading. If the readings are still way off his next call is ECU being faulty. I did read about this being a cause for similar problems in another thread after using clio to jump start another car?

He said he would send it off to be checked for any problems if this is the case...

Mike, my uncle checked all the usual areas where things go wrong / wear through including the anti-tamper box at the back but no signs of any damage whatso ever..... is it likely that there would be any other problems that we could have missed?

Cheers, Mitch

Ibiza FR
New MAP sensor did nothing, and now it seems the fault light doesnt want to go off :( Looks like I'm taking it to fred!

Ibiza FR
Yeah I did mean to post that up!

Gave Fred a call and he suggested we cleaned the throttle body out (Cheers Fred!), uncle was a bit sceptic but we gave it a go and it's been running perfect since!