ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Fault Light on intermittently

Ive had this problem 3 times now, first 2 on the same day, driving along then total loss of power and onlys revs to 2.5k. Had Only the Elec Fault light on. But turning the car off and starting it again sorted it for a quick fix. So looked on here for faults and found loads of threads for it, did most of the things people suggested like cleaning connections etc, checked the coil pack was plugged in properly. Cant read for faults as the reader we have here doesnt do Renaults typicaly. And before anyone asks, no i dont ever wash my engine bay or especially engine for obvious reasons.

So i did all that and drove the car for 4 days without any problems, until tonight pulled out to overtake, foot down, went to change gear and then the Elec Fault light, traction, and service light came on, had No power, revs were jumping from 1-3k on thier own. Turned the car off started it back up and was all fine.

Also the car doesnt like to gently accelerate, it judders a slight bit and seems like its missing, but it doesnt sound like it is, and thats the only time it does it.

Any help much appreciated.

Clio 1.2
I get this problem all the time I think last time I had it the code it was showing was Throttle Position Sensor. Try cleaning the throttle body with carb and body cleaner scrape all the crap off with a rag...