ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Fault Light - Power Loss

Clio Dyn.1.2 16v
Hi all,

I've had some issues with my 1.2 16v Dynamique and the electrical fault light.

Its started coming on randomly during driving today, and upon lighting up, I loss power/acceleration and can barely get out of 2nd gear (above 30mph ish).

After having a search on this forum I've found a few possibilities, but is there any definite answer? I'm dropping the car into the garage tomorrow to get a diagnostics, but worried that it might not find anything/repeat and therefore be a reoccuring issue.

Stopping, and restarting the car could often get rid of the warning light leaving me with full rev's/standard performance.

I've also noticed that upon starting the car whilst on my drive, the car struggles to keep an idle, and often drops such low rev's its almost stalling (causing the light to flash on again).

If I can have a heads-up on what could be the potential causes I can let the garage know and get them to check that as well, thus avoiding multiple trips of a repeating issue!

Please help!!!!!

Thanks

Andy

loads of possibilites

tdc sensor
dirty throttle body
relays
spark plugs

wiring fault on the ecu loom etc.