ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Fault?

Renault Clio 1.4 Automati
Hey guys, not been on here in ages.

About 2/3 months ago, my Automatic mk1 clio had a brand new gearbox put in. And up until now its been running fine. I have angel eyes, and amp, sub n stereo n stuff, so my fan belt n charging system has taken the full whack of having all of that on at once. Driving home tonight, i had my main beams on, and the gearbox fault light came on, and it wouldn't change gear or anything...then i turned my lights off, and it drove perfectly fine again. My angel eye rings have died and flicker on and off, my interior lights do the same, and my headunit was turning itself on and off all the way home - is this something like a bad earth somewhere, or is this going to be bye bye clio??

I would really appretiate some constructive feedback, i've already spent £1000 keeping it on the road this year :mad:

Cheers xx

Thats what i thought, but the battery is reletively new? I was thinking more alternator problems? I am changing the fan belt tomorow, as its been squeeking for months...does that have anything to do with it? Also, on my way home, my interior lights went rele rele dim :(

Da

Less
If the fan belt has been squeaking then it will have been slipping. Did the battery (or any other) light on your dash come on?

Not being funny guys, but i really need to know what people think...i'm not very mechanically minded, and i neeeeeeed my car!

cheers