ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical genius...

PB172
Whoever had my 172 before me and thought it would be cool to chop all the wires and re-wire the speaker look was a f**king genius... </sarcasm>

Thought it was souning a bit quiet from my next to standard, bar the headunit, sound system. Had a look in the rear door cards to find that there where actually speakers in them but they wouldn't work at all...

Took the headunit out and replaced it with an old one I had laying around thinking the headunit might just be on its way out... This proved incorrect as it was exactly the same.

Inspected the speaker again to make sure they weren't faulty.. Nothing wrong from what I could see

So I pulled out the Sony connection loom thing that plugs straight into the back of your headunit and to my surprise I saw a bit of yellow electrical tape. When I say a bit I mean every wire was basically re-wired. This is probably the fault lol...

Is there an online map of what every color means so I can put it back to normal. Or am I destined to buy a boring Haynes manual? is it the same for all Clio's or do I need a 172 defined manual.

Really quite annoyed tbf...

Thanks.

PB172
The car's loom :/ Wish it was just to connector cause I would just buy another one. :(
Do you think all the speaker wires in the mk2 ph2 are all the same?

Polo + Micra
can you not just reinstall an iso plug connector?

have you got a photo of what's wrong?

Jap Box
Im pretty sure if you have the sony manual that it tels you which spade plug does what, so will say rear speaker wire, front speaker, right speaker, left etc etc, so you can then work from that spade out onto the cut wires, if that makes sense.

I used the sony manual from my headunit to find out which one was reading as the rear speakers so I could add an extra wre from the OEM block back behind the dash and into the rear speaker pods.

PB172
It's not the sony connection thing that been cut its like the loom from the interior loom :/ cba! gonna have a major look tomoz. Might even take my dash apart if I am feeling lucky.

Anyone know any guides about the interior loom or so? Meh bit annoying :(

Jap Box
It's not the sony connection thing that been cut its like the loom from the interior loom :/ cba! gonna have a major look tomoz. Might even take my dash apart if I am feeling lucky.

Anyone know any guides about the interior loom or so? Meh bit annoying :(

Yeah thats what im talking about, use the guide for the sony loom wire colours, then follow the corresponding wire from the sony block into the loom block, which will then lead you to the cut wires.

I had to do this in my old clio as the loom was cut, I dont think im wording it too well though, but it worked for me.

PB172
I had a major look at it earlier. Looks ridiculously simple but a waste of money and time just to get 2 more speakers working. I am going to do it though... Pain in the arse.

Clio 182
sorry to drag this up but its marginally relevant, does anyone know what colour the wires are for the front door speakers as they go into the socket that goes through the door? i need to do a bit of 'bullet connectoring' but looking at them is enough to frighten me ;) I get the impression that whoever wired these things up in the factory did a bit of an ini meeni mini mo on the wire colours if you get what I mean? help appreciated!!