ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical help needed please anyone

Clio 1.5 dci 2002
Hi everyone have a little issue with my lights :(

In a nutshell the headlight on r/h doesn't work,
tried changing bulb with no joy,
However the r/h indicator remains on like a headlight instead if that makes sense,

When the headlights are off the indicators work as they should however when the headlights are on the r/h side indicators flash fast
I'm at a loose end now
I would assume the indicator relay is fine as the indicators flash fine when headlights are off,
Both side lights come on and off when the steering wheel is turned left and right
I'm starting to think it could be the steering wheel stalk connectors or I could be wrong but on the hope someone knows if this is a common problem or it could be something someone has had a issue with before

Probably a bad earth somewhere but I'm not too great at electrics but if I had a idea what I'm looking for id be happy to fix it :)

Thanks in advance for any help with this guys :) hope your all having a good day

Clio 1.5 dci 2002
Hi Chris not checked the fuses as of yet, thought maybe they would be on the same circuit as the other headlight? Or could I be wrong? Will have a look if so

Clio 172 Merc ML55
They should be on separate circuits and fuses, although I'd imagine its more likely to be an earthing problem, I'd start off by checking the earth points behind the headlights on the inner wings as those areas can hold onto a fair amount of road dirt and moisture

Clio 1.5 dci 2002
Hi everyone managed to have a good look at my issue with car and checked fuses all was good so popped the bonnet up and had a good look at what was going on, I noticed that part of the headlight loom had been cable tied to part of the frame work in a weird bending motion so cut it loose and wiggled the wire/cable and to my surprise the headlight started working, all lights were good, horn started working too as noticed this too had stopped working along side the headlight issue, so the cure was to check the broken wire refix a better contact of wire and secure it off, had no issues arise since so came down to bad earthing and want to thank all you guys for the advice and hope this may help someone in the future if they have the same issue? Now to go through the whole car before mot in a couple of months :)