ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Incident Warning Light

1.1 Clio
I have a 1.1 clio and sometimes when I go below 1000 revs this warning light appears and the engine cuts out. I restart the engine stop at a junction and when I get to below 1000 revs engine cuts out again. When I start the engine the revs go up and down without my foot touching the accelerator. I need a lot more revs to pull away and light goes off when I get into 3rd gear. Light only comes up about once a week and isn't on very long but is very annoying as engine just cuts out. Does anyone know what this could be?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Does know one know what this problem is?:(

i had a similar problem i found that as soon as the light came on i revved it above 3,000 then it went for a bit, i got a mechanic to loook at it all he did was clear all of the error codes and stick his head under the bonnet it has run perfectly since.

what year is your car?

1.1 Clio
It's an 02 and where is the metal block that eats through the wiring loom so I can see if that is the problem

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
it is behind the engine roughly in the middle, try pulling it upwards and it may just come off, if it comes off leave it off and make sure there are no bare wires.