ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Issues After Fitting Steering Wheel and Resistors??

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Hi guys

Recently fitted my Sabelt wheel and hub this weekend. I bought 2 resistors (3.9ohm) from Maplin and put these into the airbag plugs.

When I connected battery back up and first started car, lights went out as you would expect and stayed out.

Anyway, the last few days, the lights have been temperamental. Sometimes they will be on (airbag and SERV light), then suddenly they might go out, and then sometimes a minute later, sometimes 10 mins later they come back on again.

Are the resistors just not fitted correctly?

The only other thing I have noticed is that my Alpine radio sometimes dies completely, only ever done it since fitting the wheel. Power will just go off, but you can't turn it back on, completely dead. Then suddenly 30 secs or a minute later it pops back into life? As I say, only done this since fitting the wheel.

Making me think there is a short somewhere and that these two issues are connected? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ash