ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical issues on a Mk2 Ph1 - Random relay clicking and lights flashing

My girlfriends Mk2 Ph1 1.4 is playing up, looking to see if anyone else has had the same problems before I go routing through the loom!

The car runs fine and all is normal on with the key on Ign 2, but with the key on Ign 1 or off there is random relay clicking and lights flashing on the dash - it starts with the oil light staying on, fading on and off, then some of the other lights join in :S

The only other problem with the car that I thought might related is that the wipers run terribly on the maximum speed and fairly awful on normal speed, but the fault is not with the relay - guessing motor for that.

Just had another look and now the seatbelt light stays on. If you click the seatbelt in a relay clicks and random lights light up on the dashboard :s

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds UCH related. It is going to need a proper looking at I'm afraid (IMO)

Mick