ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

electrical problem please help

started my 16v up today run for about 4 secs then cut out plenty of petrol in it now when i turn the key to start it doesnt start but in the box under the bonnet with the relays in one keeps clicking constantly until i pull the connector off it, this makes the valve on the throttle body open and close and does something to the fuel pump too, put this connector on a different relay and it still does it,

any ideas?

The fact that the relay is clicking means its workin matey. Are u sure ure immobiliser is workin properly? Sounds silly but have you tried locking nad then unlocking ure car and then starting it up? You could also ahve a prob with one of the fuel lines? let me know....

will give it ago but it seems like a relay wont hold in eractically goes in and out causing the fuel pump and idle speed control valve to go on and off

i tried swapping them about and it still does it but in one order the relay buzzers rather then clicking and also the fuel pump stays on cos normally when to turn the ignition on it runs for about 2 secs then cuts out until you start the car but now it just keeps pumping until you can hear petrol in the manifold and injection rail, tryed locking the car again playing with the immobilsler but still the same lost for ideas was fine until today just died when i started it

If its clicking constantly then maybe you have a bad earth. I had the same problem, wouldnt start and one of the relays kept clicking. An earth had worked itself loose, the one that clamps itself onto the back of the gearbox. Check in the haynes manual for the location of your main earths and check these are all nice and tight, think its a 13mm socket. Hope this helps!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

as above,i would look for an earth problem first i think.also check the condition of the large multiplugs in the engine bay relay box.