ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical problem

When I press the electric window switch or turn on the intermittent wipers it triggers a fault were the wipers start and don't stop. There is also a lot of clicking coming from the UCH and the immobiliser light comes on solid red during the fault.

This is on my 172 cup racing car. It still has the full standard loom.

This all started after I washed the car and the drivers electric window switch got wet, I then tried to lower the window and the fault started.

It does clear up after anything from a few seconds to a few minutes, more quickly once I am up to speed driving along.

I have had the looms out of the car a couple of weeks ago but I've done a few hundred problem free miles since then.

Any one have any thoughts or solved similar issues?

Thanks

I solved the problem.

I swapped to my spare uch and the problem was still there so I figured it was probably an earth related problem. Sure enough one of the earths behind the dash had no continuity so I cleaned that up and every thing is fine now.

Strange it has showed no symptoms for the first couple of weeks after I was fiddling.