ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Warning Light - Car Cuts out When Started

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Hi Guys

switched my car on yesterday morning and every time i switch it on now the electrical warning light comes on and then the car cuts out... happens about 5 seconds or so after i switch the car on!

Any ideas on what this could be and how much im looking to get this repaired for?

Don't want to be ripped off when i go to the garage..

I assume theyll have to plug it into the computer and repair it based on that... i reckon lambda sensor or something like that as i know their common faults on clios...

Da

Less
Sounds more sinister than the lambda sensor as that wouldn't cause the car to cut out.

Have a look around your ECU in the engine bay and check for any damaged cables.

Breaking mk2 DCI
how olds the battery try charging it first maybe its not holding charge or the altenator isnt working properly

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
I've just paid £186 for this exact same fault on my 172 cup :) I'll second Da on this (again) seems to be a lot having this problem now, when mine had it there was no help :(

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Just got a call from a garage saying that a conrad has been blown and the engine has blown due to red lining :s

this is ridiculous, im sure if the engine was blown it wouldnt even be able to start right :s

3 Series touring
where abouts are you? ive got a fault code reader if youre south east london way

RS Megane 225F1
I've just paid £186 for this exact same fault on my 172 cup :) I'll second Da on this (again) seems to be a lot having this problem now, when mine had it there was no help :(

I told you from day one what it was you pube !!! :rasp:

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
^ Any update on your clio mate?
still having the same problem on mine... been in the garage for ages
mechanics checked pretty much everything now... think theres about 2 things left to check before he's gona take the head off

RS Megane 225F1
Check the wiring from the fusebox to the ecu, the wires rot, you need to test each and every wire with a circuit tester also check for any bad earth's....

If its not any of the above i will eat my ar5ehole.....

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
****FIXED*****

Mechanic done a few things, new wiring loom, new gaskets set and new cambelt kit.