ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Warning Light

Car doesn't respond but will rev to 2K and stay there without me touching the pdeal, have to restart the engine and rev the car a couple of times to clear it.
Previously solved this by removing the anti-theft thing from the block and covering it in tape to prevent it chomping through the loom.

Now the car's been in for it's clutch to be replaced and it's started again, any idea's what could have happened to be causing this again?

Cheers

172 with k-tec sound
hi. youre problems dont coincide with filling up at the petrol station do they, as i have had the same light, n ive been told that it was water in my petrol, down to condensation cos of the freezing conditions, n ive noticed alot of people on here with the very same light n probs, it could be a possible cause of everyones misery.

Clip Machine has came back with these five faults:

Brake pedal sensor circuit, signal incoherence
Water temperature sensor circuit, signal incoherence
Throttle unit automatic control, incoherence between throttle position and control
Pedal potentiometer circuit track 1, signal detected outside upper and lower limit
Throttle angle memory sensor, short circuit to +12v

Which one of them is most likely to be causing the problem??

Someone in another thread suggested that there light was due to a combination of the brake pedal sensor and the throttle unit control.

COULD IT BE THAT?

Clio Sport 172 Phase 2
In my car pass the same thing.

I check the ecu with the Rstuner and it was the TPS sensor.

I change the Throttle and no more problem.

clean the sensors that it goes in the pedal and change de throthle and your car must run without a problem

Clio 172
Youve probably fixed this by now but thought id put a post up so if anyone searches it may be of help. This happened on my PH1 172 sport, intermittantly the revs would drop and the car wouldnt accelerate, revs would hold at 2000rpm and had to limp home. The PH2 has an electronic throttle body, remove the electrical connector from the back of it and check if there is a clip for the connector to attach on (usually just a small plastic lip) if this isnt there you had the same problem as me. I simply checked all my connections to be sure, whacked some electrical contact cleaner in the plug, pushed it back on tight and put a metal clip around it to ensure it didnt move. Never happened since. Theyr french and tempremental dont forget.......