ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

electrical

I HAD A PROB WITH IT CUTTING OUT,SO I CHANGED THE ECU AND ALL WAAS FINE FOR A WEEK,ALSO I AHVE HAD A LEAK ON THE SUNROOF FOR A WHILE NOW.THYEN IT PISSES DOWN WITH RAIN BADLY SINCE I HAVE CHANGED THE ECU AND NOW IT DOING THE SAME FAULT AS THE OLD ECU WHICH WAS DIAGNOSED AS DEFAULT.

THATS Y I NEED TO KNOW IF ITS LINKED IN ANY WAY AS IT HAS A WATER MARKS ON THE SENSOR AND SWITCHES.........:confused:

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

check the wiring,fuses,computer etc in the scuttle panel area and under the bonnet.there must be water getting into the wiring or the relays under the bonnet somewhere.

CHECKE DTHE ECU LOOKS FINE AND THERES NO DAMP SIGNS IN THE FUES BOX UNDER BONNET! OR ANY TRACES OF WATER IN THERE OR ABOUTS!!

BUGGING ME NOW!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

What about giving the ecu connector a clean with some electrical cleaner? Have a look at all wiring in general to see if the protective sheathing has split anywhere allowing water in the loom.

NA M8 CHECKED ALL THAT LAST TIME IT WAS OUT A WEEK AGO,THE THING IS ITS ONLY SINCE IT HAS RAINED THAT I HAVE HAD THE PROBLEM COME BACK TO ME THATS Y I WAS ONDERING IF THE SENSOR IN THE UNIT ABOVE ME HEAD WAS CAUSING A PROB AS IT HAS WATER DAMADGE AND IT WAS FULL OF WATER IN THE WHOLE UNIT.........

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

that shouldnt affect it but it sounds like water is getting in the underbonnet electrics somewhere.have you checked the under bonnet earth points?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

there is an earth strap from the end of the gearbox casing to the n/s inner wing.i think there is one on the engine somewhere as well but i cant remember where(probably on the back of the head somewhere)

BUT IF THAT WAS THE CASE THEN MY RAER LIGHTS AND OTHER STUFF WILL BE OUT???

ALSO Y WHOULDTHE RAIN AFFECT THIS???

I HAVE A FEELING T HE ECU THAT I PUT ON THERE AT THE START OF THE WEEK WAS OKAY BUT SOME THING IS GETTING WET AND CAUSING IT TO GO WRONG.....UMMMMMMMM I LOVE BLOODY OLD CARS!!!!!!!

SHOULD OF GOT A NEW m3!!!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

This particular earth is for the engine components only. Injection components are sensitive and easily affected by poor earths. If the strap is corroded then water will affect it. Defo sounds like water is getting in somewhere. Have you checked things like the distributor cap?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

have you disconnected and checked the contacts/pins in the large multiplugs in the engine relay box?