ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

electrics: door open light stays on and central locking- need help

clio 1.4 sport
problem 1

my clio 2 phase1's "door open light" (shown beside the drivers seatbelt light beside clock) is staying on which also keeps the interior light on- i checked if the door nipple switch mite have been stuck but other than that i dont know much about electrics- could this be fuse related? or any ideas

problem 2

when i first got my car second hand 2yrs approx ago the drivers side central locking was very intermittent 1/10 times it would only lock that door, but the passenger side door and boot locks fine with the central locking, but now the drivers side dosnt work at all with the central locking so im continually manually unlocking/locking it- anyone know if this would be? is its solenoid or fuse related or what i could do?

cheers

Golf GTI 1.8T
Hi, does the the central locking in that door still work, as in you can hear the solenoid at all? what mk2 ph1 you got because I haven't got a door open light that illuminates on my 1.4S wondering if it should...

clio 1.4 sport
hi worked out problem one there now - i just had the rear debaged and the boot interior plastic was still off thus the rear nipple wasnt going in- as regards the door, no i dont think it make that pop sound anymore... ps yea ive a 1.4s also it should light buddy beside your clock

Golf GTI 1.8T
Oh right, I'll have to look at my fuses or something, always wondered what was ment to light up next to the seat belt one. But never come across it in my manual.
What about prob 2 then??

Golf GTI 1.8T
I would just try replacing it, shame you didn't post this last night, I went to a breakers today and could of got you one.