ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrics, heater, rear demister, door sensor, help

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
Where to start, had car for just over a year and for a few months the dash light to say doors are open is permanently on and interior light stays on when in middle position and indicators dont flash when locking(altho does lock ok)

next the hot blowers for interior stopped working 3 days ago and its bloody cold. no power to fan at all but hot air does come thro if your driving fast enough :)

and finally the rear window demister is stuck on, when you start ignition it is not on, start engine it comes on and about half hour of driving it goes off, the switch doesn't switch it on or off regardless of whether its on or off. If you stop the engine it goes off, but start it straight away again and its on again even if its been running for 30 mins before it.

I've been into the back of the switches for demister and fan and all connections seem fine

fuses all fine

Any suggestions welcomed

Resistor pack needed for the blowers, fairly common thing.

Checked all the connections on the doors to make sure there all clean and free of rust etc?

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
had a look at the passengers side only cos when it first happened it was intermitten when that door was opened and closed, permanent now tho, to be honest that bit doesn't bother me too much, just added it to the post incase I had a major problem with electrics, used to working on older cars and dont have a clue on electrics, this problem ( if its not connected to other ones) can wait til the summer cos its too cold to be buggering about in garage, I'll get resistors tho ta

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
Drivers side, very easy to get to.

Easy to get to, your having a laugh!!!

Maybe its just the Cup but without taking the window wipers off I scrapped my hand to hell and nearly lost the spanner (had I not tied string around my wrist ;))

Finally it is working again, turns out there is a 30amp fuse under the bonnet for it! go figure! £30 paid to trusty mechanic to find it!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Easy to get to, your having a laugh!!!

Maybe its just the Cup but without taking the window wipers off I scrapped my hand to hell and nearly lost the spanner (had I not tied string around my wrist ;))

Finally it is working again, turns out there is a 30amp fuse under the bonnet for it! go figure! £30 paid to trusty mechanic to find it!

Lol, you never checked the fuses? = Fail;)